TRAINING AND TALENT DEVELOPMENT
We are committed to a model of learning that combines experience, relationships and training
A key factor for performance at work, adapting to change and professional development.
In 2017 Iberdrola multiplied by four the training hours per employee compared to the European average1 Nota thanks to the promotion of programs and iniciatives aimed at contributing to the excellence of its workforce.
WE BET ON TRAINING
Faith in training is a key part of the human resources policy [PDF] at Iberdrola. It is an essential element for:
- Professional growth for job performance.
- Keep Iberdrola's employees updated regarding the last technological and organisational changes.
- Adaptation of new employees to the company.
- Better professional development, which promote their professional growth inside the company.
A 70/20/10 MODEL OF LEARNING
See more information
70% of learning takes place on the job
20% of learning comes from other people
10% of learning comes from a formal training situation
At Iberdrola, we work so that our employees can secure the training and development they need not only for meeting the current requirements for their job description, but also for satisfying future needs in view of the onset of new technologies, equipment, instruments, etc., or even the need to assume greater responsibilities in their area of activity.
We also look after the dissemination of the company's existing knowledge, continuous learning, and cultural exchange, in order to enhance operational efficiency through the proper use of intellectual capital, as outlined in the Knowledge Management Policy [PDF].
The Iberdrola group wants all its employees to feel encouraged and supported so that they can develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours in a way that will enable them to perform their current duties properly or to take on a new professional endeavour in the future. This is why, in 2016, a new International campus was created in Madrid for delivering training.
DEVELOPING TALENT WITH A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE
Employees play a decisive role in multinational companies like ours. We work on contributing to the company's results and improving the efficiency of the organisation by training our employees in the skills and competencies they need to do their job efficiently in today's world and to prepare them to take on greater responsibilities and challenges in the future.
We invest in:
- Promoting mobility and rotation as key levers of development, in addition to traditional training and development actions.
- Offering challenges and opportunities for development to professionals with potential so as to expose them to new situations in which they can gain visibility and test their skills.
- Building a team of professionals that reflects their diversity, which is understood as being a source of competitive advantages.
See more information about areas and programs
The Iberdrola group also works in the following areas:
- Defining the Development Model.
- Designing and implementing a worldwide talent review process.
- Offering training management and executive development worldwide through the Management School, which is part of the Iberdrola International Campus in Madrid.
- Managing and implementing development programs for non-management professionals through worldwide development and local training programs.
Using the "70/20/10 Development Model", we design and manage the following programs around the world:
- The Executive Training Program, to keep the business skills and knowledge required by the management team up to date.
- The Leadership Program to train Iberdrola's future leaders.
- The Skills Development Program, which offers a variety of resources to professionals who are committed to improving their personal skills.
- The MBA in the Global Energy Industry Program, designed in collaboration with the Iberdrola Management School and taught by the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas in Madrid and Strathclyde University Business School in Glasgow, to develop the talent of the company's human resources. In the words of the Iberdrola Director General of Finance and Resources, José Sainz Armada: "A business grows and develops when its professionals grow and develop their talents."