FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Everything you need to know to take part
To make it easier for candidates to find the answers to any queries they may have about our selection process and the best way of participating, we have grouped the most frequently asked questions into groups.
1. On which internet browsers does the applicants area on Employment Channel work?
We have verified that all screens on applicant area work on Internet Explorer, mozilla Firefox and Chrome, if you're having trouble on any other browser, please let us know via enquires box and we'll check it.
2. I don't remember my user name (or the system does not recognise it).
Remember that your user name is the same as the e-mail address with which you registered.
3. I don't remember my password.
You can retrieve it from this link: "Forgot your password?" (the System will ask you to enter your user name or e-mail address; only one of these two is required).
4. If I was registered before May 2013, what should I do?
If you registered before May 2013, and uploaded your CV/Resume, you must register as a new user, because in this new area your old credentials are not operational.
5. What can I do if I change my email account?
Please take into account that your user name is the same as your e-mail address and your password will be sent to the e-mail address with which you registered, which appears in the personal details of your CV. Therefore, if you're planning on changing it, we recommend you to first update it on your CV/Resume.
6. What should I do if I'm no longer using the email account I signed up with and I want to update my profile?
Please contact us if you are not currently using the e-mail account with which you registered and do not remember your password. The System cannot send you new passwords to the e-mail address you are not using.
7. I haven't received, or I cannot see, the activation email to fill in my CV/Resume, what should I do?
Please check your spam folder, and if you still cannot find it, please contact us via contact mailbox.
8. I haven't received, or I cannot see, the email confirming my application for a job offers.
Please check the “My Vacancies” tab â€“ the date you applied should be visible next to the vacancy you applied to, this means your application has been received properly. If the date is showing blank, you will need to apply again. If this date is not showing up, please check you spam folder, the message should be showing up there. If not, please contact us via mailbox.
9. What does "I do not wish to release my profile" mean?
Your profile will not be visible to the supervisors of the Recruitment and Selection department, so you will only be included in the selection processes for which you have registered.
Your profile will be released by default, you don't need to do anything.
10. I haven't finished my studies yet, but I would like to upload my CV/Resume, where / how can I do it?
You must update the “description” under the “Education” section the amount of time you have spent on the studies and the expected duration.
11. I cannot find the coding related to my studies, what should I do?
Please choose “OTHERS” and use the “Description box" to detail your studies.
12. My experience does not match the functional areas codedâ€¦ what should I do?
Please choose “OTHERS” and use the “Description” box to detail them.
13. Do I need to upload a CV/Resume document?
It is highly recommended, so we can have access to all the information in your profile. We suggest you use the EUROPASS format (you can download the template with any Internet browser), but you can use any other format.
1. How does Iberdrola conduct its applicant pre-selection processes?
Following an initial CV pre-selection from those registered in the Employment Channel, we select those that fit the profile required to fill the job vacancy.
2. What are the next steps after the evaluation of candidates?
The selection technicians send with the process reports to the department or area of the Company that has posted a job vacancy. The managers in that department or organisation then conduct an interview with the pre-selected applicants to make a final decision.
3. Which Iberdrola companies advertise their vacancies through the Candidate area?
The Employment Channel is utilised across the Iberdrola Group, therefore, this affects all companies internationally. You can check the list of companies in the Data Protection clause within the registration form in the candidate area.
1. Are all vacancies at IBERDROLA published in this channel?
No. If we find enough applicants registered in our Employment Channel, the vacancy to be filled is not published.
2. Can I register for a vacancy if I do not meet the requirements?
It is not advisable, since the selection technicians will use the Curriculum Vitae you submitted in the Employment Channel to evaluate your application, rejecting it in the process if you do not meet the job requirements. If you do this very often, you will become an applicant with a distorted image.
3. I registered for a vacancy but was not called for tests.
Registering for a vacancy does not necessarily mean that you will be called to take the tests. This may be because you do not fit the profile required or there are applicants who are more specifically suited to the job.
If you have submitted your CV/Resume in the Employment Channel, we will take it into consideration when there is an opening that is more suited to your characteristics.
4. I do not see a vacancy that I viewed not long ago in the channel.
Each process has a specific duration for completing applicant selection. If you no longer see a vacancy that you viewed previously, it means that the applicant pre-selection phase is over.
1. How can I determine whether my details were entered correctly?
When you enter your CV, the system goes through different sections that enable you to complete your personal details, training, and so on. Once you have completed each of the selections, you can view your CV as it will be registered in the Employment Channel database.
2. I have participated in an evaluation process and I am unaware of the status of my application.
The normal procedure consists of notifying the applicants by e-mail of the status of their application as the selection process phases advance.
If you do not receive an e-mail, you can contact the selection technician who was in charge of your process.
However, you can always send us your questions through the Contact us section in the Employment Channel. We will reply as soon as possible.
3. I was told that I was placed in the evaluated applicants exchange and i have not received any subsequent notification.
Being included in the Applicants Exchange means that you have passed the first phase of the selection process, but there is currently no job to be filled that fits your profile.
However, when there is an opening that is suited to your profile, your application may be resumed again for that job and you will be informed of the vacancy to be covered.
4. How will I know if my application has been selected for participation in a selection process?
The selected applicants receive a telephone call or email in which the selection process phases are explained.
5. Am I required to include my academic record along with the details registered in the employment channel?
It is desirable that you enter your academic record. It will give us more information about you.
You can attach your record to your CV in the OTHER section by clicking the Attach Documents link.
6. Although I have entered my details, i would like to send my personalised CV as well. can I do that? how?
Please attach it; you can attach it with the same procedure as that followed to attach your academic records in the OTHERS section by clicking on the link "Attach Documents".