NewsBack

03/11/2016

These customised rates enable average annual savings of 10% on electricity bills

More than 300,000 households sign up for customised rates with IBERDROLA

  • The company monitors and provides ongoing advisory services to these customers to ensure that they are always signed up for the plan that best suits their needs
  • This month IBERDROLA will be contacting 1.3 million customers to offer them the chance to sign up for a rate that matches their consumption habits   

IBERDROLA has entered into more than 300,000 Customised Plan contracts. This marks another step forward in its retail strategy of adapting to its customers' needs and consumption habits. Thanks to this solution, which the company launched on the market a year ago, these households benefit from savings of 10% on average on the total amount of their bills, i.e. over €80 per year, when they sign up for a customised electricity rate.

IBERDROLA also monitors and provides ongoing advisory services to these customers to ensure that they are always signed up for the rate that best suits their characteristics or inform them if there is another one that would enable greater savings.  After seven months have elapsed in one of these plans, IBERDROLA analyses their contract and if there is room for improvement, contacts the customer to recommend a change and let them know what the difference in savings would be.

This product range, intended for users on the free market, allows the customer to choose a rate that suits their lifestyle. This means that they can benefit from an offer that has been adjusted to suit their consumption pattern - day or night, weekday or weekend, etc. and therefore save on their electricity bill.

This month the company will be contacting 1.3 million customers to offer them the possibility of signing up for one of these customised rates. It was able to set up this project because of the hourly consumption information provided by the new smart meters that are being rolled out in Spain. 

Having already replaced over 8 million traditional meters with the new alternative devices, IBERDROLA is making an unprecedented commitment to technology so that the information provided by these meters may be used for the ultimate purpose of offering the most advantageous solutions to customers.

Those wishing to know more about these rates can access the website www.planesatumedida.es, which features a simple on-line wizard to help customers see which plan best suits their consumption needs.

 

77% of contracts, on the free market

As of September 2016, IBERDROLA has over 16 million contracts in Spain.  Of these, 77%, or more than 12.3 million, are on the free market. The remaining 23%, or 3.8 million, are on the regulated market.

The company has managed to achieve these high figures because of its retail strategy, which is geared towards adapting to its customers' needs and always seeking to offer them the best solution for their individual case, by offering products and services with added value and excellent quality service.

In order to give every customer the option of being served via the channel that is most convenient to them at any given time, IBERDROLA has customer profiles on Twitter (@TuIberdrola) and Facebook (facebook.com/IberdrolaClientes), as well as its website. It has also continued to increase its network of face-to-face outlets throughout Spain in recent years (now over 450). The 900 225 235 customer support hotline, which operates on a 24 hour basis free of charge, is another option.