IBERDROLA SUPERA AWARDS
Recognising people and organisations that foster female empowerment through sport
As part of its commitment to promoting gender equality, Iberdrola group organizes the Iberdrola SuperA Awards to recognise and give visibility to the best initiatives in Spain in favour of equality and the empowerment of women through sport.
Carousel of images and videos
OBJECTIVES OF THE IBERDROLA 'SUPERA' AWARDS
The Iberdrola 'SuperA' Awards aim to recognise and support projects, programmes and initiatives that contribute to attaining the following objectives:
- Promoting the practice of sport by women.
- Increasing the visibility of women's sporting contests.
- Improving sportswomen's logistics and facilities.
- Generating work-life, social and educational balance programmes for sportswomen.
- Developing initiatives to promote the growth of basic sports.
- Recognising women's contribution to sport.
- Highlighting sportswomen's successes and raising their profile, creating new figureheads for women's sport in society.
- Promoting real equality and empowerment of women in the world of sport and in society as a whole.
CATEGORIES OF THE IBERDROLA 'SUPERA' AWARDS
Iberdrola SuperA Basic
Promotion of basic sport among girls (up to 16 y. o.) in order to improve health, integration and quality of life.
Iberdrola SuperA Competition
Incorporation of women into sporting competitions.
Iberdrola SuperA Inclusion
Integration of sportswomen with special abilities into sport.
Iberdrola SuperA Social
Promotion of social integration of women and girls through the practice of sport.
Iberdrola SuperA Outreach
Disseminating and raising the profile of sport practised by women, as well as conveying the importance of women's role in sport and in society.
In 2021 a new category has been created:
Iberdrola SuperA Sustainability
Recognition and support of that activity, project and/or programme in the sports field that pursues a sustainable development of its activity.
WHO CAN ENTER THE CONTEST FOR THE IBERDROLA SUPERA AWARDS?
- Sportspersons belonging to recognised federations and holding Spanish nationality.
- Sports associations and clubs, national and regional federations, schools, institutes and other public or private entities, providing they are domiciled in Spain for tax purposes.
- To apply for the awards, sportspersons or organisations must present an initiative, programme or activity that they have carried out or are carrying out in Spain.
Applications must be presented between 15 February and 30 April.
WHY ENTER THE CONTEST FOR THE IBERDROLA SUPERA AWARDS?
Iberdrola will grant five awards — one for each category —, together with a money prize of €50,000 each. A Technical Committee will select the finalist proposals in each category and the Honorary Panel — composed of prestigious sporting personalities — will elect the five winners.
I IBERDROLA SUPERA AWARDS
More than 400 sport and education associations, clubs and federations applied to enter the first edition of the Iberdrola SuperA Awards, whose awards ceremony took place on 25 November, 2020. The Jury of Honour — comprised of thirteen sporting figures — selected six winners to reward their work in promoting gender equality through sport:
- MAAVI Foundation Club de Fútbol (Social)
- Fomento de la Igualdad de Género en la práctica deportiva en edades tempranas en los centros educativos (Encouraging Gender Equality in sport practice at early ages in learning centres) (Basic)
- Mujer, vida y deporte (Women, life and sport) (Competition)
- Futfem.com (Outreach)
- Mucho por hacer (So much to do) (Inclusion)
- Juntas venceremos (Together, women will succeed) (SuperA+)
Carousel of images and videos
COMMITTED TO SDG 5
Gender equality — the subject of UN Sustainable Development Goal 5 — is one of the essential values of Iberdrola group and forms part of its social dividend. In 2016, with the approval of its Equal opportunities and work-life balance policy, the company was a pioneer in its firm, global commitment to equality and the empowerment of women.
Iberdrola promotes equal opportunities, work-life balance, and employee fulfilment within the organisation and in society at large. This commitment is embodied in its support for women's sport, which it sees as the perfect vehicle for achieving this goal and also a way to create female role-models in society and encourage healthy life-style habits from an early age.
- Iberdrola launches its 2nd SuperA Awards to continue to promote gender equality through sport
- Iberdrola delivers its first SuperA Awards in recognition of civil society initiatives that promote equality through sport
- The Iberdrola SuperA Awards receive more than 400 applications to continue to promote women's sport
- Thirteen famous figures from Spanish sport will decide the winners of the Iberdrola SuperA Awards
- The Iberdrola SuperA Awards expand their reach, with the Iberdrola SuperA+ category, for projects undertaken during the COVID-19 crisis