IBERDROLA SUPERA AWARDS
Recognising people and organisations that foster female empowerment through sport
As part of its commitment to promoting gender equality, Iberdrola group organizes the Iberdrola SuperA Awards to recognise and give visibility to the best initiatives in Spain in favour of equality and the empowerment of women through sport.
Carousel of images and videos
1st IBERDROLA SUPERA AWARDS
More than 400 sport and education associations, clubs and federations applied to enter the first edition of the Iberdrola SuperA Awards held throughout 2020. The Jury of Honour —comprised of thirteen sporting figures— selected six winners (one for each category) to reward their work in promoting gender equality through sport:
- MAAVI Foundation Club de Fútbol (Social)
- Encouraging Gender Equality in sport practice at early ages in learning centres (Basic)
- Mujer, vida y deporte (Women, life and sport) (Competition)
- Futfem.com (Dissemination)
- Mucho por hacer (So much to do) (Inclusion)
- Juntas venceremos (Together, women will succeed) (SuperA+)
Carousel of images and videos
OBJECTIVES OF THE IBERDROLA SUPERA AWARDS
Iberdrola SuperA Awards aim to recognise and support projects, programs and initiatives that contribute to attaining the following objectives:
- Promoting the practice of sport by women.
- Increasing the visibility of women's sporting contests.
- Improving sportswomen's logistics and facilities.
- Generating work-life, social and educational balance programs for sportswomen.
- Developing initiatives to promote the growth of basic sports.
- Recognising women's contribution to sport.
- Highlighting sportswomen's successes and raising their profile, creating new figureheads for women's sport in society.
- Promoting real equality and empowerment of women in the world of sport and in society as a whole.
CATEGORIES OF THE IBERDROLA SUPERA AWARDS
Iberdrola SuperA Basic
Promotion of basic sport among girls in order to improve people's health, integration and quality of life.
Iberdrola SuperA Competition
Incorporation of women into sporting competitions.
Iberdrola SuperA Inclusion
Integration of persons with disabilities into women's sport.
Iberdrola SuperA Social
Promotion of social integration of women and girls through the practice of sport.
Iberdrola SuperA Dissemination
Disseminating and raising the profile of sport practised by women, as well as conveying the importance of women's role in sport and in society.
In 2020, in light of the exceptional situation caused by COVID-19, the following category is included:
Iberdrola SuperA +
Recognition and support for charitable activities, projects and programs during the COVID-19 crisis by athletes, federations and other sports related organisations.
WHAT DO IBERDROLA SUPERA AWARDS MEAN?
Iberdrola grants six awards — one for each category —, together with a money prize of €50,000 each. A Technical Committee selects the finalist proposals in each category and is the Jury of Honour — composed of thirteen prestigious sporting personalities — who elects the six winners.
COMMITTED TO SDG 5
Gender equality — the subject of UN Sustainable Development Goal 5 — is one of the essential values of Iberdrola group and forms part of its social dividend. In 2016, with the approval of its Equal opportunities and work-life balance policy, the company was a pioneer in its firm, global commitment to equality and the empowerment of women.
Iberdrola promotes equal opportunities, work-life balance, and employee fulfilment within the organisation and in society at large. This commitment is embodied in its support for women's sport, which it sees as the perfect vehicle for achieving this goal and also a way to create female role-models in society and encourage healthy life-style habits from an early age.
- Iberdrola delivers its first SuperA Awards in recognition of civil society initiatives that promote equality through sport
- The Iberdrola SuperA Awards receive more than 400 applications to continue to promote women's sport
- Thirteen famous figures from Spanish sport will decide the winners of the Iberdrola SuperA Awards
- The Iberdrola SuperA Awards expand their reach, with the Iberdrola SuperA+ category, for projects undertaken during the COVID-19 crisis
- Iberdrola is creating the Iberdrola SuperA awards, to promote and give greater visibility to women's sport