Community building is an essential part of our work
We participate in the community through different channels in Qatar as well as in different industry events, presenting our work to create a mutual gain in our core areas.
We present our research at technical conferences and seminars around the world in order to contribute to the expansion of knowledge and the building of a global innovation community. We channel all our efforts towards always being in the forefront of innovation and ensuring that our projects enable us to meet the power needs of the future and advance towards a smarter, cleaner and more efficient electrical system.
AGREEMENTS WITH INSTITUTIONS
The agreement signed between Iberdrola Innovation Middle East and the Hamad Bin Khalifa University has as its aim the development of joint research and innovation initiatives on the subject of digital communication for energy efficiency.
Mounir Hamdi, dean of the School of Engineering of Hamad Bin Khalifa University, and Ignacio Galán, chairman of the Iberdrola group, during the signing of the collaboration agreement.
The centre signed a collaboration agreement with Qatar Foundation and Kahramaa to promote energy efficiency. The agreement was signed within the framework of the Qatar Foundation Annual Research Conference 2018.
Sheik Essa bin Hilal Al-Kuwarir, president of Kahramaa; Sheikha Hind bint Hamad Al Thani, CEO of the Qatar Foundation; and Santiago Bañales, Managing Director of Iberdrola Innovation Middle East.
Iberdrola Innovation Middle East is a partner in the Greener School project, which aims to increase the energy efficiency of schools in Qatar. Introducing systems to reduce the carbon footprint and promoting awareness among the pupils. The program was acknowledged as a successful initiative during several editions of the National Program for Conservation & Energy Efficiency.
Award of Tarsheed prize to Iberdrola for 'Best Renewable Energy Initiative' by Prime Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Energy Minister Mohamed bin Saleh Al-Sada and Kahramaa President Essa bin Hilal Al-Kuwari.
See the main conferences and publications in which we have participated
- Current Trends and Challenges for Cybersecurity for IoT in Smart Grids. Qatar University Workshop on Cybersecurity in IoT Architectures, Doha (Qatar), April 2017.
- Potential of Energy Services in Qatar. Sustainability Summit Qatar, Doha (Qatar), October 2017.
- Research potential in Qatar. Research Collaboration Symposium, Doha (Qatar), November 2017.
- Research challenges in the digitalization of the electrical grid. 3rd ELDER R&D in Energy Workshop, Ankara (Turkey), December 2017.
- Profitability analysis of distributed systems. Seminar at Qatar University, Doha (Qatar), March 2018.
- Profitability Analysis for a Distributed Grid Connected Photovoltaic System in Qatar. QF ARC 2018, Doha (Qatar), March 2018.
- Solar Energy the Road to the Future. Texas A&M University at Qatar Research Showcase 2018, Doha (Qatar), April 2018.
- Keynote speech on Iberdrola STAR project. International Istanbul Smart Grids and Cities Congress and Fair, Istanbul (Turkey), April 2018.
- Panel Presentation on Renewable Energy Systems and Energy Efficiency. International Istanbul Smart Grids and Cities Congress and Fair, Istanbul (Turkey), April 2018.
- Smart Metering in the Middle East. PRIME Alliance Utility to Utility User Group Conference, Prague (Czech Republic), September 2018.
- Generic Distributed Photovoltaic Cost Outlook Methodology: Australian Market Application Example. 7th International Conference on Renewable Energy Research and Applications (ICRERA), Paris (France), October 2018.
- Panel on Digitalization of the Energy Industry. Gulf Information Technology Exhibition (GITEX) 2018, Dubai (United Arab Emirates), October 2018.
- The Greener School program. Sustainability Summit Qatar, Doha (Qatar), October 2018.
- Invited lecture on Distributed Solar Photovoltaics. Texas A&M Qatar, Doha (Qatar), April 2019.
- Generic Distributed Photovoltaic Cost Outlook Methodology: Australian Market Application Example Published by IEEE, 2018 7th International Conference on Renewable Energy Research and Applications (ICRERA).
- Integrated Economic Adoption Model for residential grid-connected photovoltaic systems: An Australian case study. Published by ELSEVIER, Energy Reports, Volume 5.
- HVDC transmission: Technology review, market trends and future outlook. Published by ELSEVIER, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 112.