More than 41,000 football players from 45 different countries pre-selected the 55 candidates of the 2017 Women's World XI. A jury selected the 11 top football players, which included a Spanish player for the first time in history: Irene Paredes.
THE IBERDROLA LEAGUE, HIGHLIGHT OF THE FIFPRO WORLD XI
Five Spanish football players in the elite of women's football
More than 4,100 football players from 45 different countries pre-selected the 55 candidates of the 2017 Women's World XI. A jury selected the 11 top football players, which included a Spanish player for the first time in history: Irene Paredes.
International players Irene Paredes (defender in Paris Saint-Germain), Jennifer Hermoso (forward in Paris Saint-Germain), Sandra Paños (goalkeeper in F. C. Barcelona), Vicky Losada (midfielder in F. C. Barcelona) and Silvia Meseguer (midfielder in Atlético de Madrid) were chosen from more than 4,100 women football players in 45 countries voted to pre-select the 55 candidates of the 2017 Women's World XI. This is the only world football team selected by elite football players.
The jury responsible for selecting the 2017 Women's World XI has announced the top 11 women football players in the world on International Women's Day. For the first time in history, the Spanish player Irene Paredes appears in the list, which includes:
The best lineup, chosen by elite players from around the world.
Dutch player Lieke Martens, who plays in the Iberdrola League as the striker of F. C. Barcelona, is the football player who has received the most votes: 1,251 players have chosen her for the World XI.
FACTS AND FIGURES ABOUT THE PLAYERS OF THE 2017 FIFPRO WORLD XI
- The 55 pre-selected players come from 23 different countries.
- They play in 23 teams in nine different countries.
- There are six Dutch players and four countries have received votes for five of their players: England, France, Germany and Spain.
- Wendie Renard is the only player who has been nominated in the three editions of the Women's World XI.
- Nilla Fischer (Swedish player of VfL Wolfsburg), Dzsenifer Marozsan (Germany, Ol. Lyonnais), Marta Vieira da Silva (Brazil, Orlando Pride) and Alex Morgan (United States, Orlando Pride) are the only players who were nominated in last year's Women's World XI.