RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
Our investment in research, development and innovation is key for adding value
Innovation is the main tool for ensuring the company's sustainability, efficiency and competitiveness. R&D efforts are focused on optimising operating conditions, improve safety and reduce environmental impact.
Wikinger offshore wind farm (Germany).
The company's main R&D projects in partnership with universities are in the following areas:
- Smart grids: we focus on optimising the distribution network, occupational safety, environmental aspects and supply quality.
- Environment and biodiversity: we are committed to promoting innovation in this area and reducing the environmental impact of our activities.
- Utility of the future: thanks to our unwavering commitment to innovation, we have been recognised as the most innovative utility in Spain and third in Europe.
- Substations and high voltage: we seek to make technical progress in the insulation of high-voltage cables, as well as in the operation of substations.
- HVDC: we have conducted different studies to optimise and develop the transmission of electrical energy in: High Voltage Direct Current.
- Nuclear technologies: our projects develop models that anticipate and analyse possible accidents at nuclear power plants.
- Energy markets: we improve energy markets by analysing them, forecasting variables and optimising trading models.
- Robotics: we innovate in new technologies applied to the operation and maintenance of energy infrastructures: robotics, sensors, software, etc.
- Wind resources: we work on improving the production and efficiency of wind farms, studying their costs and maintenance.
For more information, please refer to the Innovation Report 2014-2015 [PDF] External link, opens in new window..
Sustainable value chain with suppliers