IBERDROLA MEXICO SCHOLARSHIPS
Call for Master's Studies in Mexico or Spain 2022-2024 Academic Year
In the International Master's Scholarship Programme we are looking to develop a new generation of people with enthusiasm for learning, desire to innovate, and aspiration to transform the energy industry.
NEXT CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR SCHOLARSHIPS 2024-2026
The Iberdrola Master Scholarships for Mexico have a duration of two years and the next call for scholarships for Mexico will be in 2024.
Call for Master's Studies in Mexico or Spain 2022-2024 Academic Year
Iberdrola Mexico, through Iberdrola Servicios Corporativos S.A de C.V. ("Iberdrola México"), seeks to strengthen its contribution to improving the quality of life of the citizens of the territories and countries in which it operates, with this objective, it seeks to offer effective responses to the fundamental needs of society, using its business capabilities and strengths.
Iberdrola Mexico also assumes that without the support of a qualified, diversified, and motivated human team, it would not be possible to achieve its strategic goals, and that it is critical for the success of the Group's businesses to recruit, select, and retain the best talent in accordance with applicable law and best professional practices. Thus, the Group's Recruitment and Selection Policy promotes as basic principles, among others, favouring the access of young people to their first job through scholarship programmes and other agreements and presenting candidates with a competitive value offer that favours the selection and hiring of the best professionals.
To this end, Iberdrola Mexico presents its Call for Scholarships for Master's Degrees in Mexico or Spain, to contribute to excellence in the training of young people, providing them with a high degree of qualification that facilitates access to their first job.
2. Call for applications
Iberdrola Mexico announces scholarships for the 2022-2024 academic year for postgraduate studies in Mexican and Spanish universities in the following areas of knowledge:
- Master of Science with specialisation in Energy Engineering
- Administration and finance.
- Official Master's Degree in the Electric Power Industry
- Corporate law.
- Master's degree in data science.
- Master in Human Capital.
The call opens on the day of publication and closes at 8:00 a.m., Mexico City time, on Thursday 31 March. 2022
The scholarships are aimed at studies included in the campuses of excellence, at regional or international level, with special emphasis on the following Mexican or Spanish universities:
- Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education (ITESM)
- Anahuac University
- Panamerican University
- La Salle
- Ibero-American University
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México
- Pontifical University of Comillas.
3. Candidate requirements
- Iberdrola Mexico scholarships are aimed at students with Mexican or foreign nationality who have all the permits and authorisations issued by the corresponding authorities to live and study in Mexico.
- Applicants must hold a recognised university degree or bachelor's degree at the time of application. If the applicant is in the final year of his/her degree course in the 2022-2024 academic year, the award of the scholarship will be conditional on obtaining the university degree at the time of the personal interview.
- Applications with a diploma or technical degree will not be accepted.
- All applications will be rejected if the average mark of the candidate's bachelor's or master's degree is lower than: 7.0 in base 10.
- Language proficiency: It will be a requirement for all applications that candidates provide proof of an excellent knowledge of English, by means of a certificate issued by an institution of recognised prestige.
The following certificates of English language proficiency shall be valid:
-Cambridge University: First Certificate or higher.
-IELTS (minimum score: 5.0).
-TOEFL (minimum score: 61 in Internet-based, 173 in computer-based or 500 in paper-based).
-Certificate of aptitude of the higher cycle (old plan) or certificate of advanced level B2 (new plan), taken and passed, from the official language schools.
-Diplomas or certificates issued by the language schools of the universities, certifying having studied and passed level B2 (or higher) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Not receive financial or salary remuneration, nor be the beneficiary of any scholarship, financial aid, or any other allocation of a similar nature from public or private institutions and foundations, during the period of enjoyment of the scholarship.
- Not to provide services or maintain any employment relationship, in internships, training or of any other nature, with other public or private entities during the period of enjoyment of the scholarship. Likewise, the scholarship holder shall notify Iberdrola México of his/her participation in selection processes for incorporation into other public or private entities, for the purpose of assessing its compatibility with the grant.
- Candidates who have been recipients of the Fundación Iberdrola México and/or Iberdrola Servicios Corporativos S.A. de C.V. scholarships awarded in previous calls will be excluded from assessment.
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must submit the completed application form before 08:00 hours, Mexico City time, on the day of 31 March 2022, attaching the documents specified below, which should be named with the document number, followed by the applicant's surname(s).
- Document 1. Photocopy of national identity card or passport.
- Document 2. Curriculum vitae of the applicant, with a recent front-facing photograph.
- Document 3. Advanced degree certificate, as well as the diplomas of all the studies listed on the form. Only candidates who have not yet completed their studies may attach in this section the academic certificate instead of the diploma.
- Document 4. Full academic certification of the degree or bachelor's degree studies showing the average of the studies taken, list of subjects and grades, year by year, as well as the credits passed. In the case of having studied a first and second cycle of a different degree, both certificates must be presented. Students enrolled in the last year of their degree must provide academic certification of the courses and subjects completed.
- Document 5. Certificate of proficiency in all the languages specified on the form.
- Document 6. Letter of motivation, in which you should write a short essay on why you are applying to this programme and how your participation in the master's programme could contribute to both society and the company. (1,000 words maximum).
In the event of passing the pre-selection process, Iberdrola Mexico may require the presentation of original or certified documents and any other document it deems necessary. The maximum size allowed per document is MB.5
5. Selection process
The selection process will include a first pre-selection of candidates, for which academic qualifications, level of English, CV, interest in the study project and letter of motivation will be taken into account.
If the candidate passes the pre-selection, the Iberdrola Mexico selection committee may, at its discretion, arrange a personal interview with the candidate, in order to assess their personal conditions, comprehensive training and motivation.
If attending the interview involves travel and/or accommodation costs, the possible compensation of expenses may be determined by Iberdrola Mexico, depending on the place of origin.
This call for applications may be declared void, for all or some of the scholarships offered, when the selection committee or the person responsible for the Scholarship programme so proposes to Iberdrola Mexico.
6. Nomination of candidates
The selection committee will propose the list of selected candidates. Iberdrola México will make the final decision on the candidates finally admitted. They will be notified on 12 June 2022, in a personalised manner via email.
The list of candidates approved by Iberdrola Mexico is final and cannot be appealed. Iberdrola México will not provide information on rejected applications.
The final appointment of candidates is subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:
- Send a signed Letter of Acceptance dated no later than five working days from the date of publication of the final list of beneficiaries to the following address:
Master's studies in Mexico/Spain
540 Ural Mountains Street
Col. Lomas de Chapultepec
Delegation Miguel Hidalgo
C.P. 11000, Mexico City
Regardless of sending it to the postal address indicated, a scanned copy of the signed Letter of Acceptance must be sent in advance to Iberdrola México's e-mail address programa.becas.Iberdrola@iberdrola.com.
The text of the Letter of Acceptance will be provided to beneficiaries by e-mail on the same date as the final selection of applicants is made public.
- Submission to IBERDROLA Mexico before the estimated date of 10 August 2022 of certification of their enrolment or definitive admission to study the corresponding studies at the chosen university. This date will be flexible depending on the deadlines for notification of admissions at each university. In case of non-admission, the candidate will lose the right to the scholarship.
- Presentation by students in their final year of studies of the complete academic certification of the degree studies completed, showing the average mark of the studies taken and all the subjects and grades, course by course, as well as the credits passed. Failure to complete the studies will result in the cancellation of the scholarship.
7. Financial allocation and taxes
The grant will cover the following items:
- Enrolment in a university or higher education institution in Mexico or Spain.
- For those scholarship holders whose place of residence is different from the place where the master's degree will be taught, an endowment of $21,000.00 M.N. (Twenty-One Thousand Pesos 00/100 National Currency) per month to cover transportation, living and accommodation expenses, according to the duration of the Study Plan of each master's degree awarded.
- An endowment of $12,000.00 (Twelve Thousand Pesos 00/100 Mexican Pesos) per month to cover living and transportation expenses for those scholarship holders who are studying for their master's degree in their place of residence.
- 1,000.00 (one thousand Euros) per month for the duration of the studies for master's degrees in Spain.
- The endowment will be paid on a monthly basis by electronic transfer.
The duration of the support will be granted for a maximum period of two years and six months from the start of the study programme.
The scholarship holder will be subject to periodic reviews established by Iberdrola Mexico depending on the duration of the programme, which may be carried out at the sole discretion of Iberdrola Mexico. In the event that Iberdrola determines that the Fellow's performance in the programme chosen by the Scholarship holder does not meet the minimum required GPA, the scholarship will be cancelled without any liability to Iberdrola Mexico.
The scholarship holder agrees to comply with all tax obligations that correspond to him/her as a beneficiary of the scholarship. The amounts delivered by Iberdrola México to the scholarship holder shall be deposited solely and exclusively in the bank account indicated by the scholarship holder; the scholarship holder must be the holder of the account in which the deposits are made.
8. Management of the scholarship
The scholarship holder agrees to fulfil the following obligations:
- At Iberdrola México's request, the candidate must provide proof, with original documents or documents certified by a Notary Public, of the information that he/she has submitted during the selection process by means of photocopies or electronic files. Iberdrola México may also request certifications of any information mentioned in his/her CV.
- If the scholarship is awarded for programmes that include an internship module, the scholarship holder undertakes to carry out such internship at the Iberdrola Mexico Group company designated by Iberdrola Mexico, as the case may be. In the event that the studies for which the scholarship is awarded include compulsory paid internships to be carried out at a different entity outside the Iberdrola Mexico Group, the scholarship holder is obliged to notify Iberdrola Mexico as far in advance as possible. The amount received for the aforementioned internships may be deducted from the financial endowment of the scholarship.
- All this, taking into account that the call for these scholarships is linked to the Group's recruitment and selection policy, which promotes as basic principles, among others, favouring the access of young people to their first job through scholarship programmes and other agreements, presenting scholarship holders with an offer of competitive value that favours the selection and recruitment of the best professionals".
- Complete the planned studies, in accordance with the application submitted. Candidates who are awarded a scholarship will be obliged to start the study programme in the January-November call of the 2022-2024 academic year and complete it within the period estimated in the study plan.
- The scholarship holder also agrees to send Iberdrola Mexico any information required in relation to the monitoring and development of the master's degree and to send the evaluations and results of the studies carried out within the deadlines granted. The scholarship holder must inform Iberdrola México of his/her address in the destination country immediately upon arrival. They must also inform Iberdrola Mexico of any change of address or e-mail address while on the scholarship.
- If any publication is derived from the studies, the author must notify Iberdrola México and state that he/she is a scholarship holder of Iberdrola México.
- The scholarship holder undertakes to disseminate his/her status as an Iberdrola Mexico scholarship holder during the period of enjoyment of the scholarship.
- In the event that the scholarship holder does not comply with the aforementioned commitments -or any other included in the conditions of the scholarship- Iberdrola Mexico reserves the right to proceed as it deems appropriate, and even to request the return of the amounts received. In the event that the scholarship holder does not complete the scholarship programme within the estimated period (January-December 2022 -2024) in accordance with the study plan, he/she must return to Iberdrola México all the monthly payments and other economic concepts received to date, if this occurs after the seventh month.
In any case, Iberdrola Mexico reserves the right to analyse the corresponding application, and may modify the amount to be returned by the scholarship holder.
9. Other conditions
- Iberdrola Mexico will appoint a mentor who will monitor the scholarship holder's performance and assist him/her in academic, training and professional development aspects.
- The scholarship holder undertakes to observe strict reserve and confidentiality with regard to all information received from Iberdrola México as a result of this grant. This obligation of confidentiality shall continue for the duration of the grant.
10. Protection of personal data
Information on the processing of your personal data is available at the following link: https://www.iberdrola.com/documents/20125/40933/aviso-privacidad-solicitud-becas-EN.pdf/7b67ee0a-952d-6a82-1c13-151903e05c81?t=1643704625876