- Transmission and distribution of electricity.
- Production of electricity from renewable and conventional sources.
- Purchase/sale of electricity and gas on wholesale markets.
- Distribution of gas.
- Other activities, mainly linked to the energy sector.
What we are
Iberdrola is today one of the leading electric companies in the world by stock market capitalisation.
The corporate and governance structure is described in chapter 5.1 of this report and consists of:
- Iberdrola, as a holding company.
- Country subholding companies in the 5 main geographic areas of activity.
- Head of business companies reporting to the country subholding companies.
Iberdrola is one of the leading electric utilities in the world
Presence focused on the Atlantic area
The Iberdrola group does business in multiple countries, but mainly in the five countries of the Atlantic area: Spain, United Kingdom, United States of America, Brazil and Mexico. Other significant countries are Germany, Portugal, France and Italy.
Iberdrola group 2018 Key figures
Renewable installed capacity
Km / Power lines
Electric power distributed
Millions of Customers1
€M Direct tax contribution
Direct, indirect and induced employment
(1) In countries where there is retail and distribution activity, distribution customers are taken into account.
(2) Data from a Study of Iberdrola’s Impact, prepared by PwC, for financial year 2017.