|Protect the environment and stop the loss of biodiversity
- Conserve and recover the ecosystems associated with our activities, coordinating the biodiversity plans of the businesses in affected areas.
- Improve the compatibility of Iberdrola’s infrastructure with protection of the environment.
- Avoid discharges and pollution of water and soil, all in line with Iberdrola’s Biodiversity Policy and Environmental Policy.
- Promote the protection of ecosystems in the surroundings of the facilities.
- Sustainable General Shareholders’ Meeting 2017:
- ISO 20121 certification.
- Shareholders Day 2017 Environmental Declaration (Erronka Garbia)Certificate).
- Acquisition of ISO-TS 14072 Certificate for Corporate Environmental Footprint (CEF) 2016.
- Energy efficiency project for the facilities of Iberdrola España.
- Climate Change Adaptation Report for activities in Spain.
- Biodiversity Report, 2014-2017 Edition.
- Adaptation to ISO 14001 2015 standard.
- Development of a strategic plan for climate change adaptation.
- Environmental guidelines linked to impacts of the CEF.
- Restoration, recovery, improvement and maintenance of surroundings and habitats.
- Integrate the concept of natural capital.
|Combat climate change and its effects
- Prevent pollution and the emission of greenhouse gases (GHGs) through practices that reduce or eliminate the production of pollutants at source.
- Reduce the emissions of non-GHGs into the air.
- Gradually replace equipment using substances that reduce the ozone layer.
- Promotion of awareness-raising campaigns regarding air quality.
- New GHG emissions-free facilities (renewable, wind, hydroelectric, etc.).
- 42% reduction in intensity of CO2 emissions per kWh produced since 2007.
- Thermal emission factor has decreased from 391 g/thermal kWh generated in 2016 to 388 g/kWh generated in 2017.
- Increase in emission-free installed capacity to 66.7%.
- New commitment to reduce emissions, and active participation in the Bonn Climate Change Conference (Germany).
- Sustainable mobility plan to promote and develop electric cars.
- Achieve a 50% reduction in emissions intensity by the year 2030 in comparison to 2007.
- Be carbon neutral by 2050.
- Develop innovation projects geared towards reducing pollution.
- Active participation in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals approved in September 2015 (goals 6,7 and 13).
|Guarantee sustainable modes of production and consumption
- Continuous improvement in operational performance.
- Implementation of actions to increase energy efficiency.
- Decrease in consumption of natural resources.
- Inclusion of environmental variable in the design of infrastructure (Eco-design).
- Improvement in control and management of waste generated.
- Innovative activities in environmental management and control.
- Assurance of quality in environmental management.
- Efficient management of water consumption.
- Improvement of efficiency at buildings.
- Improvement in withdrawal and consumption of inland water at all generation facilities.
- Reuse and recycling of water.
- Improvement in reuse and recycling of waste.
- Development and promotion of ecodesign initiatives.
- Life-cycle and green purchasing analysis.
- Life Cycle Costing.
- Study of implementation of ISO 50001, Energy Efficiency, in Spain.
- The circular economy as strategic cornerstone.
|Revitalise alliances with Stakeholders for sustainable development.
- Strengthen transparent dialogue with Stakeholders in order to work together in seeking solutions to environmental problems.
- Manage environmental compliance by suppliers.
- Transparently report on environmental results and activities.
- Optimisation of and innovation in environmental management systems.
- Preparing or providing information for the following reports:
- Sustainability Report 2017.
- Greenhouse Gas Report.
- CEF Report 2016.
- Biodiversity Report.
- 85% of suppliers have ISO 14001 environmental certification.
- Public-private cooperation with the Basque Government on environmental issues.
- Environmental transparency and communication:
- Corporate Environmental Footprint Report by country.
- Development of new EPDs (Environmental Product Declarations).
- Communication of environmental performance, development of methodology.