RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION POLICY
A skilled, diverse and motivated team is key to achieving Iberdrola's strategic aims
Recruitment and Selection Policy
21 July 2020
The Board of Directors of IBERDROLA, S.A. (the "Company") assumes that without the support of a skilled, diverse and motivated workforce, the Company will not be able to achieve its strategic aims or those of the companies belonging to the group of which the Company is the controlling entity, within the meaning established by law (the "Group").
The success of the Group's businesses is critically dependent upon attracting, selecting and retaining the best talent in order to engage professionals with the skills, knowledge, abilities and behaviour reflected in the Purpose and Values of the Iberdrola group, thus attending to the current and future needs of the companies within the Group, all in accordance with applicable law and the best professional practices.
With this Recruitment and Selection Policy, the Company contributes to the inclusive and sustainable growth sought by goal eight of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) approved by the United Nations, as well as to the achievement of goal number five with the promotion of gender equality in all of its recruitment and selection processes.
2. Main Principles of Conduct
To achieve these goals, the Group accepts and promotes the following basic principles that must inform all recruiting and hiring activities:
a) Develop a global master process for standardising recruitment and selection procedures within the Group, so that they:
- Value internal talent.
- Respect equal opportunities and promote non-discrimination by reason of race, colour, age, gender, marital status, ideology, political opinion, nationality, religion or any other personal, physical or social condition, particularly avoiding bias in the recruitment and selection process that prevent the hiring of women for management positions. This will guarantee the ability of the Company to recruit, motivate and retain the best talent and uphold the legal and ethical principles expected from a trusted employer, consistent and aligned with the Purpose and Values of the Iberdrola group and with the values of its stakeholders.
- Ensure that selection is carried out exclusively on the basis of merit and capability, including all professionals meeting the knowledge, attitudes, abilities and skills profile required for the various positions and guaranteeing that all candidates are treated equally throughout the process.
- Comply with applicable labour laws in each country regarding recruitment and selection.
- Guarantee absolute confidentiality to all candidates, in accordance with personal data protection laws and regulations.
b) Encourage the access of young people to their first job through scholarship programmes and other agreements.
c) Present to the candidates an attractive and comprehensive value proposal based on equal opportunity and made up of competitive remuneration, broad training and professional development, a healthy work environment and measures facilitating a balance between personal and professional life, seeking for the experience of the candidates during the selection process and subsequent integration within the Group to be completely satisfactory.
d) The Group will promote the hiring of its professionals using stable contracts.
e) Endeavour to ensure that selection and hiring processes are objective and impartial and do not influence the hiring of family members of Group professionals or persons with a similar connection, avoiding the participation of the professionals with which they are connected in their selection process.
f) Favour the hiring of people from excluded groups and with diverse abilities.
This Recruitment and Selection Policy was initially approved by the Board of Directors on 11 March 2008 and was last amended on 21 July 2020.