WORK-LIFE BALANCE AND EQUALITY
Committed to equality, quality of life and professional excellence
The Iberdrola group promotes the balance between its employees' work and family life through measures to make the positive experience of parenthood compatible with a successful professional career. Specifically in Spain we have over 70 measures in place to enable a satisfactory balance between work and personal life.
WORK-LIFE BALANCE INITIATIVES OF THE IBERDROLA GROUP COMPANIES
See more information
IBERDROLA ESPAÑA - SPAIN
CONTINUOUS WORK DAY
- The first Ibex 35 company to introduce this in Spain in 2007
- Flexibility of entry and exit*
SHORTER WORKING DAY
- A five-hour work day until the employee's children reach the age of one year, with no reduction of the employee's fixed wage/basic pay
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- Lengthened to four years to care for family members
*Updated based on the Sustainability Report, Fiscal Year 2020.
SCOTTISHPOWER - UK
SPECIAL HOLIDAY LEAVE
- Available to employees who care for family members
- Until six months' leave
- Until six months' leave of absence to improve your career opportunities
- Possibility of choosing the most appropriate place to work, inside or outside the office
AVANGRID* - USA
FOSTERING QUALITY OF LIFE
- Flexible work hours
- Improvements to holidays
* Avangrid, Inc. is 81.50% owned by Iberdrola S.A.
NEOENERGIA* - BRAZIL
- Nutritional services for employees
- Legal, financial and psychological support for employees, 24 hours a day
- Six months' maternity leave (two months more than guaranteed by law)
- Fostering exercise at work to prevent injuries and illness
- Alert system after 8 hours of work and lights out system to control overtime
* Neoenergia, S.A. is 50% + 1 share indirectly owned by Iberdrola, S.A.
IBERDROLA MÉXICO - MEXICO
FAMILY AND WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Flexible work hours
- More holiday days than the statutory leave period
- Maternity leave before and after childbirth after the end of statutory leave
At the Iberdrola group we have a steadfast commitment to our human capital as the active and underlying principle of our success, and our social model is conceived to promote professional excellence and quality of life for our employees. Our corporate policy is focused on creating a favourable framework for working relations based on equal opportunities, non-discrimination and respect for diversity.
For the fourth year in a row, our company is recognised for its equal opportunities and gender policies in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. In addition, Elektro, the Neoenergia group distributor (which is 50% + 1 share indirectly owned by Iberdrola, S.A.), has, for the fourth year running, received for Best Company to Work for in Latin America, awarded by Great Place to Work (GPTW). In 2019 Iberdrola also adhered to the United Nations' Women's Empowerment Principles.
We encourage the reconciliation of our employees' work and family life and we are at the forefront of Spanish companies in the implementation of a series of measures, embodied in the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
See more information
WE PROMOTE EFFECTIVE EQUALITY AND QUALITY EMPLOYMENT
The Iberdrola group's Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy promotes a range of measures focused on encouraging:
WE ARE PROMOTING ACTIVITIES ON EQUALITY
On behalf of the entire Iberdrola group we create and promote various activities in the field of equality, including:
- Agreements with various notable universities with the aim of further developing the measures needed to achieve gender equality, goal number 5 of the Sustainable Development Goals approved by the United Nations.
- Holding events to promote professional growth and leadership development for women in the energy sector.
- Structuring the selection process to avoid any kind of favouritism or personal preferences. All vacancies are posted on the employee portal, which allows any employee to examine any available opportunities at all times and see the respective demands of each position.
- We promote gender equality, where women and men have the same opportunities for development and personal growth.
Ethics, equality and non-discrimination
The conduct of all company workers and -specifically- all aspects relating to human rights are regulated by the Code of Ethics [PDF].
Likewise, the company's practices mirror the Global Compact, OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, and the International Labour Organization's Tripartite Declaration of Principles concerning Multinational Companies and Social Policy.
These universal principles and their General Sustainable Development Policy serve as the Iberdrola group's guide to ensure its conduct and that of its employees does not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, gender, language, creed, political outlook, place of birth or social background, social status, place of origin, disability, health, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or any other factor.
COMMITTED TO THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
The Iberdrola group is also firmly committed to the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals for 2015-2030. Within the sphere of Human Resources:
- Objective 5: Gender equality, with over 70 leading practices in its policy for balancing family and professional life, and an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
- Objective 8: Decent work and economic growth, thanks to the value created by the Iberdrola group's strategy and model of growth over time, which translates into social and economic development.