At Iberdrola one of our prime objectives is to ensure that everyone, regardless of disabilities, age or the type of technology used, is able to access our corporate website without problems.
Based on this commitment, the Iberdrola website has been designed in compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 established by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium). These guidelines are also the core for standards such as ISO/IEC 40500 or UNE 139803:2012.
We are working to renew the Accessibility certificate [PDF] issued by ILUNION Tecnología y Accesibilidad in 2017 for the corporate website. On 15 March 2020 ILUNION Tecnología y Accesibilidad certified that the section of the website dedicated to the 2020 General Shareholders' Meeting met the Double A standard according to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 of the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
In addition, ILUNION Tecnología y Accesibilidad certifies, on June 16, 2021, that the Results Presentation and Investor Day pages of the web meets the Double A standard according to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 of the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
We have also received from ILUNION a specific award (see Accessibility diploma [PDF]) for our initiatives and projects to improve universal accessibility and support for people with disabilities.
The following are some of the functionalities implemented on the Iberdrola website to enable easier access to all web content:
- Visual features (typeface, font and screen colours, etc.) of the website are defined by a style sheet, enabling users to adjust texts to their own preferences.
- Font sizes are defined in relative units to let users enlarge or reduce the text size from browser options.
- If a user accesses www.iberdrola.com with a browser that does not support a style sheet, this is not a major problem, since all contents can still be accessed with the Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) set at off.
- Web pages are clearly structured for users who want to view the full content of the website, or using support systems as graphic display readers, and users who disable the style sheet, etc. With this in mind, we have made HTML-coded section headers, lists and all other elements contributing to the general understanding of the website.
- The HTML code and CSS used comply with the standards to guarantee that contents are correctly interpreted and displayed in different browsers.
- The website is designed to allow users to navigate in high contrast that distinguishes text which contains links. With the exception of all those links that can be deduced by the context (menus, lists, etc.).
- Includes descriptive texts in the attribute "ALT" for all the images of all the web pages.
However, if you find any difficulty in accessing the information on the Iberdrola website or have any suggestions or queries regarding accessibility, please contact us via email email@example.com.