At Iberdrola one of our prime objectives is to ensure that everyone, regardless of disabilities, age or the type of technology used, is able to access our corporate website without problems.
Based on this commitment, the Iberdrola website has been designed in compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 established by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium). These guidelines are also the core for standards such as ISO/IEC 40500 or UNE 139803:2012.
Since obtaining the accessibility certificate External link, opens in new window. issued by ILUNION Tecnología y Accesibilidad in 2017 for the corporate website, we have been constantly working on obtaining and renewing the accessibility seals for the sections of the website relating to the company's main corporate events.
In this regard, ILUNION Technology and Accessibility has certified on April 28, 2023 the compliance of the section dedicated to the General Shareholders' Meeting 2023 with the Double A level according to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 of the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium, thus renewing the certification already obtained for the Meeting since 2020.
Previously, ILUNION Technology and Accessibility certified, on June 16, 2021, that the Presentation of Results and Investor Day pages of the website comply with the Double A level of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 of the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium.
We have also received from ILUNION a specific award (see Accessibility diploma [PDF] External link, opens in new window.) for our initiatives and projects to improve universal accessibility and support for people with disabilities.
The following are some of the functionalities implemented on the Iberdrola website to enable easier access to all web content:
- Visual features (typeface, font and screen colours, etc.) of the website are defined by a style sheet, enabling users to adjust texts to their own preferences.
- Font sizes are defined in relative units to let users enlarge or reduce the text size from browser options.
- If a user accesses www.iberdrola.com with a browser that does not support a style sheet, this is not a major problem, since all contents can still be accessed with the Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) set at off.
- Web pages are clearly structured for users who want to view the full content of the website, or using support systems as graphic display readers, and users who disable the style sheet, etc. With this in mind, we have made HTML-coded section headers, lists and all other elements contributing to the general understanding of the website.
- The HTML code and CSS used comply with the standards to guarantee that contents are correctly interpreted and displayed in different browsers.
- The website is designed to allow users to navigate in high contrast that distinguishes text which contains links. With the exception of all those links that can be deduced by the context (menus, lists, etc.).
- Includes descriptive texts in the attribute "ALT" for all the images of all the web pages.
However, if you find any difficulty in accessing the information on the Iberdrola website or have any suggestions or queries regarding accessibility, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.