LAW FOR ENGINEERS
A pioneering educational initiative
The publication of these works joins the training and social ends: financial profits made will go to the energy access program by the ICAI Engineers for Development Foundation.
Since 2008, Iberdrola has participated in a pioneering educational initiative with the coordination, editing and publication of several works related to law in the engineering sector.
These publications, prepared in collaboration with the ICAI Engineers' National Association, are designed to provide basic legal knowledge to engineers in any speciality to help them carry out their professional activity.
The first publication in 2008 was the Legal Manual for Engineers which has become a benchmark thanks to its overview of legal regulations, focusing on those aspects which are more useful to engineers.
In 2009, following the success of the Manual amongst professionals in the sector, the first four Legal Journals for Engineers were written. These were published to provide engineers in any speciality with the information on legal aspects they need to carry out their daily work. The Legal Journals for Engineers are currently divided into fifty one volumes covering topics that combine law and engineering knowledge. For each of the topics covered, experts of recognised prestige from universities or law firms were consulted.
CONTRIBUTION TO SUSTAINABILITY
The profits from these works throughout the years are delivered to the ICAI Engineers for Development Foundation and reinvested by this foundation in its Energy Access Program, itself comprising various projects.
The publication of these works involves a commitment to make the world of Law more accessible to engineers. To this end, Iberdrola offers the e-mail address email@example.com to gather the opinions of interested parties about the Legal Manual for Engineers and Legal Journals for Engineers and to improve possible future editions.
SPECIALIST PUBLICATIONS FOR ENGINEERS
- Legal Journals for Engineers (I) [PDF](*) Nota : volumes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Legal Journals for Engineers (II) [PDF](*) Nota : volumes 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- Legal Journals for Engineers (III) [PDF](*) Nota : volumes 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13.
- Legal Journals for Engineers (IV) [PDF](*) Nota : volumes 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18.
- Legal Journals for Engineers (V) [PDF](*) Nota : volumes 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23.
- Legal Journals for Engineers (VI) [PDF](*) Nota : volumes 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28.
- Legal Journals for Engineers (VII) [PDF](*) Nota : volumes 29, 30, 31, 32 and 33.
- Legal Journals for Engineers (VIII) [PDF](*) Nota : volumes 34, 35, 36, 37 and 38.
- Legal Journals for Engineers (IX) [PDF](*) Nota : volumes 39, 40, 41 and 42.
- Legal Journals for Engineers (X) [PDF](*) Nota : volumes 43, 44, 45, 46 and 47.
- Legal Journals for Engineers (XI) [PDF](*) Nota : volumes 48, 49, 50 and 51.
(*) Nota Spanish version.
Iberdrola presents it Legal Manual for Engineers. This publication, drawn up in conjunction with the ICAI Engineers' Association and publisher La Ley, is designed to be a benchmark guide for professionals in the industry, providing them with in-depth knowledge of those regulations directly affecting their professional activities.
Iberdrola chairman, Ignacio S. Galán, in the foreword to the manual, states:
"In its pages readers will find, arranged in 10 chapters, the main areas of law — from natural to constitutional, European Union, procedural, civil, trade, administrative, labour, tax and criminal law — with their respective principles and basic legal tools. At the same time, it features an interesting chapter devoted to one of the biggest areas of concern for companies, corporate governance."
The guide was produced thanks to the participation of experts in each of these legal fields, with the goal of providing the utmost clarity in the different issues it outlines and helping to better define the links between two worlds, law and engineering, which have be connected on more levels than it would appear at first glance.
For more details on the content of this work, you can download the table of contents and list of authors:
- Iberdrola presents the eighth edition of the 'Legal Manuals for Engineers'
- Iberdrola signs a syndicated multicurrency loan for 500 million euros with conditions in place before the liquidity crisis