An international energy leader
With more than 170 years of history, Iberdrola is today a global energy leader and one of the largest electricity companies by market capitalisation in the world. The group supplies energy to nearly 100 million people in dozens of countries, has more than 600,000 shareholders, a workforce of more than 40,000 employees and assets in excess of 150 billion euros.
Pioneers in the energy transition
We are leading the energy transition to a sustainable model through our investments in renewables, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation to deliver the most advanced products and services to our customers.
Our customers enjoy the cleanest energy through a wide range of products, services and solutions.
Leaders in clean energy
- Electricity generation from renewable sources -onshore and offshore wind, photovoltaic and hydroelectric.
- New technologies such as green hydrogen -generated from clean energy sources.
- Large-scale storage, through reversible hydropower, and in other generation assets
- Construction, operation and maintenance of all our generation facilities.
- Sale and purchase of energy through wholesale markets.
Electricity production 163,031 GWh
Commitment to smart grids
- Transmission and distribution of electricity.
- Construction, operation and maintenance of lines, substations, transformer stations and other infrastructures to bring electricity from production centres to the end user and to integrate distributed generation.
4,595 High-to medium voltage transformer substation.
1.6 millions Medium-to low votage distribution transformers.
19,536 km of transmission overhead lines
1,392 km of transmission underground lines
1,041,936 km of distribution overhead lines
201,777 km of distribution underground lines
Solutions and service for our customers
- End-user supply of electricity and gas.
- Energy products and services for our customers: with intelligent and innovative (Smart) solutions in the following areas:
Residential with services such as energy storage, heat pump, self-consumption, electric mobility, solar, etc.
Industrial offering comprehensive management of energy installations and supplies, such as Green H2, industrial heat, etc.
We lead the energy transition towards a sustainable model through our renewable energy facilities, smart grids, and energy storage to offer our customers the most advanced products and services. This facilities map provides the latest quarterly update of installed capacity for all generation technologies present in the group and our production, as well as other operational data.
Our main renewable energy projects
OUR INVESTMENT PLAN
At Iberdrola, we are committed to a record Strategic plan of 47,000 million euros during the 2023-2025 period, based on more electricity grids and selective growth in renewables, to promote a safe, clean, and competitive system that will allow us to accelerate the energy transition.
Thanks to this Plan, we will be able to make around 12,000 new hires by 2025, supporting more than 500,000 jobs by 2030 along our value chain. In addition, we will achieve the Net Zero target in Scopes 1, 2 and 3 by 2040.