Iberdrola delivers record results in 2018
Ignacio Galán, Iberdrola CEO, discusses full-year results as the company raises the dividend and announced a share buy-back. He speaks with Bloomberg's Francine Lacqua on Bloomberg Surveillance.
- It is the first time the group’s earnings have exceeded €3bn as a consequence of investments in renewables, networks and storage carried out over the past few years.
- Guidance for 2019: over 6,000 MW of new installed capacity and efficiency improvements will enable Iberdrola to deliver mid-single digit growth in 2019.
- Planned investments in renewables will continue to accelerate in Europe over the coming years.
- Iberdrola’s growth plans are based in organic growth. The energy transition is an opportunity for all countries and businesses.
- 2018 earnings allow Iberdrola to continue increasing shareholders’ remuneration in line with results. Record results allow for a 7.7% rise in dividend.