Ignacio Galán attends the presentation ceremony for the 2020 Princess of Asturias Awards, presided over by Their Majesties the King and Queen of Spain
Iberdrola chairman, Ignacio Galán, attended the presentation ceremony for the 2020 Princess of Asturias Awards, presided over by Their Majesties the King and Queen of Spain and Her Royal Highness Princess Leonor.
These awards are designed to recognise the scientific, technical, cultural, social and humanitarian work carried out by people and institutions, individually or in groups, on the international stage.
The winners of the 2020 Princess of Asturias Awards are:
- Concord: Spanish health workers on the front line against COVID-19
- Arts: Ennio Morricone and John Williams
- Communication and Humanities: The Guadalajara International Book Fair and the Hay Festival of Literature & Arts
- Social Sciences: Dani Rodrik
- Sports: Carlos Sainz Cenamor
- Literature: Anne Carson
- Technical and Scientific Research: Yves Meyes, Ingrid Daubechies, Terence Tao and Emmanuel Candés
- International Cooperation: Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance