The company retains the three options to receive it: cash dividend, sale of the rights to the market or subscription of new shares in the group free of charge
Iberdrola to pay 0.274 euros per share as a final dividend
- Iberdrola will distribute 0.274 euros gross per share as a final dividend to its shareholders, according to the terms of the new edition of the Iberdrola Flexible Remuneration system communicated today by the company to the National Securities Market Commission (CNMV).
- This amount is in addition to the gross 0.17 euros per share already distributed last February as an interim dividend and the 0.005 euros per share of the participation dividend distributed after the AGM.
- Total shareholder remuneration charged to 2021 amounts to EUR 0.449 gross per share, 6.4% more than in the previous year.
- In this way, Iberdrola continues to fulfil its commitment to increase the dividend in line with the evolution of its results.
- Specifically, Iberdrola shareholders have three options: to receive the amount corresponding to their final dividend - EUR 0.274 gross per share - directly in cash; to sell their allocation rights on the market; or to obtain new bonus shares in the group free of charge. These three options are not mutually exclusive, so that the shareholder could choose one of the alternatives or combine them according to his or her preferences.
- Shareholders who prefer to receive new group shares free of charge will need 36 allotment rights to obtain one new share.
7 July 2022
Last day on which Iberdrola shares are traded with the right to participate in the “Iberdrola Flexible Remuneration” optional dividend system, i.e., with the right to opt for one of the options offered by this system.
11 July 2022
Record date for determining the Company's shareholders who will be entitled to participate in the "Iberdrola Flexible Remuneration" system.
21 July 2022
End of the Common Election Period and of the trading period in the market for the free-of-charge allocation rights.
2 August 2022
Payment of the final dividend to those who have opted to receive cash through this option.
3 August 2022
Expected date of commencement of trading of the new shares to be issued pursuant to the capital increase.