CORPORATE PURPOSE AND VALUES
Committed to an energy model that prioritizes the well-being of people and the preservation of the planet
The Iberdrola group has drawn up a distinctive, authentic and relevant corporate purpose, that contributes to bring the company closer to people, society as a whole and its Stakeholders. In order to achieve this, we have evolved our corporate values towards three concepts that inspire our entire strategy.
Do you know what is a corporate purpose?
FROM MISSION AND VISION TO CORPORATE PURPOSE
Through their corporate purpose, companies firstly express their commitment to society in an aspirational and inspiring way, by looking closely at their main reason for existing; and, secondly, they publicly accept their role as corporate citizens that contribute to build a better and fairer society through their activity and business, and also by their example.
In this sense, the corporate purpose goes beyond the company's mission — what it does — and vision — what it wants to be — and constitutes a profound expression of the reason for its existence and activities, including the expectations of the company, society and its Stakeholders. It therefore expresses the value that the company brings to society.
Discover what our corporate purpose expresses
OUR CORPORATE PURPOSE
To continue building together each day a healthier, more accessible energy model, based on electricity
The corporate purpose of the Iberdrola group is aligned with the creation of shared value, the social dividend, Corporate Social Responsibility and therefore with the Agenda 2030 and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals adopted by the United Nations.
The corporate purpose of the Iberdrola group expresses:
- Our firm commitment to transforming the current energy model into a new one, in which people's well-being and the preservation of the planet take priority.
- Our commitment to a real energy transition worldwide which, based on the decarbonisation and electrification of the energy sector and the economy as a whole, will make a firm contribution to the fight against climate change and at the same time help to create new opportunities for economic, social and environmental development.
- Our drive to develop clean energies all over the world and to reach the goals of the Paris Agreement.
- Our determination to build a more electric energy model that focuses on expanding the use of renewable energy sources, efficient energy storage, smart grids and digital transformation.
- Our conviction that a more electric energy model is also healthier for people.
- Our ambition of having a new energy model that is not only more electric and healthier but also more accessible to everyone, and which favours inclusiveness, equality, equity and social development.
- Our desire to continue building this new model in collaboration with all the players involved: governments, institutions, companies, the third sector, the public, etc. This is a great shared challenge, to ensure the present and future sustainability of the societies where we live.