- National Commission on Markets and Competition (Comisión Nacional de los Mercados y de la Competencia) (CNMC)
- Regulatory agency, independent of the government and subject to parliamentary control, created by Law 3/2013 of 4 June, which brings together the former National Competition Commission (Comisión Nacional de la Competencia) and the majority of the supervisory agencies within the industry (i.e. the National Energy Commission (Comisión Nacional de la Energía), the Telecommunications Market Commission (Comisión del Mercado de las Telecomunicaciones), the National Postal Industry Commission (Comisión Nacional del Sector Postal), the Spanish Audiovisual Media Council (Consejo Estatal de Medios Audiovisuales) and the Railway and Airport Regulation Committee (Comité de Regulación Ferroviaria y Aueroportuaria). Its duties include the promotion and protection of the proper operation of all markets in the interest of consumers and companies.
Spanish: Comisión Nacional de los Mercados y de la Competencia (CNMC)
- National Securities Market Commission (Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores) (CNMV)
- Government agency created in 1988 within the Ministry of Economy, charged with supervising and inspecting securities markets and the activities of the individuals and legal entities that come into contact with each other while trading on such markets. The law assigns to the CNMV the duty of ensuring the transparency of the markets, the proper formation of prices and the protection of investors.
Spanish: Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (CNMV)
- Natural resources
- Material goods and services provided by nature without intervention by humankind, and which are valuable to human societies because they contribute to the well-being and development thereof both directly (raw materials, minerals, foodstuffs) and indirectly (ecological services).
They can be renewable (those regenerated by natural processes, such that they can continue to exist after being used if their capacity for regeneration is not exceeded) or non-renewable.
Spanish: Recursos naturales
- Net profit
- The profit obtained by a company after subtracting all expenses (including amortisation/depreciation and taxes) from total revenues.
Spanish: Beneficio neto
- Nitrogen oxide (Nox)
- Nitrogen oxides are composed of nitrogen and oxygen, two elements that do not usually react with each other, but which may do so during high-temperature combustion, such as in a car engine. Such gases include nitric oxide (NO) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2), which contribute towards air pollution, and nitrous oxide (N2O), which is one of the main greenhouse gases; although its warming effect is not very high, its stays in the atmosphere for a long time so its impact is 298 times greater than CO2.
Spanish: Óxido de nitrógeno (Nox)
- Non-Financial Information Statement - Sustainability Report
- Document prepared by IBERDROLA since 2003 to report on the Company's performance in the economic, environmental, social and corporate governance dimensions, in compliance with the law applicable to non-financial reporting, the set of Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards for preparing sustainability reports, as well as the electric utilities supplement thereto and the AA1000 standard, and which is subject to independent external assurance and is approved by the Board of Directors and by the shareholders at the General Shareholders' Meeting.
Spanish: Estado de Información No financiera - Informe de sostenibilidad
- Non-financial information
- Set of information regarding environmental, social and corporate governance issues, including issues relating to personnel, human rights and the fight against corruption and bribery, which companies considered to be public interest entities under the laws on auditing have had to include since 2018 in their management report or in a separate report, which must be subject to independent external verification and submitted for the approval of the shareholders at the General Shareholders' Meeting. IBERDROLA submits it for the approval of the shareholders at the General Shareholders' Meeting as a specific item on the agenda. See "Statement of Non-Financial Information - Sustainability Report".
Spanish: Información no financiera
- Nuclear energy
- That freed as a result of a nuclear reaction. It can be obtained by the process of nuclear fission (division of heavy atomic nuclei) or nuclear fusion (union of very light atomic nuclei).
Spanish: Energía nuclear