EAST ANGLIA ONE, Saint Brieu, Támega..., Iberdrola works on different projects worldwide which have become milestones in our company, given their relevance and their innovative approach.
At Iberdrola group we have begun a pilot project based on using blockchain to guarantee, in real time, that the energy supplied and consumed is 100 % renewable. Using this technology, we have managed to link plants where electricity is produced to specific points of consumption, allowing the source of the energy to be traced. This increases transparency and ultimately encourages the use of renewable energy.
Iberdrola group has become one of the leaders in the Australian renewable energy market after acquiring Infigen Energy. Thanks to this operation, the company now operates more than 800 MW of solar, wind and storage batteries in the country and has a significant portfolio of projects, of which 453 MW are under construction and more than 1,000 are in various stages of development.
- Facebook Iberdrola consolidates its world leading position in the renewables sector with its arrival in Australia
- Twitter Iberdrola consolidates its world leading position in the renewables sector with its arrival in Australia
- Linkedin Iberdrola consolidates its world leading position in the renewables sector with its arrival in Australia
El grupo Iberdrola ha abierto nuevas plataformas de crecimiento para posicionarse en mercados con gran proyección renovable y ha reforzado su presencia en los principales países donde opera, Iberdrola group has opened new platforms for growth in order to position itself in markets with a big renewable future and has strengthened its presence in the main countries in which it operates, adding medium and long-term projects to its pipeline. It has done this through 16 corporate operations, undertaken since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, in line with its strategy to consolidate itself as the world's biggest renewables company, and for which it is to invest €150bn by 2030.
- Facebook Iberdrola consolidates its world leadership in renewables by backing markets with a big renewable future
- Twitter Iberdrola consolidates its world leadership in renewables by backing markets with a big renewable future
- Linkedin Iberdrola consolidates its world leadership in renewables by backing markets with a big renewable future
Iberdrola is taking a leading position in the field of floating offshore wind power by spearheading the European Flagship project. The initiative aims to demonstrate the viability and profitability of installing 10 MW+ wind turbines on floating platforms. Because it is involved in other similar projects, the company is able to gain an understanding of every stage in the development of this technology, which will prove crucial in achieving the global goals set for the energy sector.
Wind energy is produced by transforming the movement of air currents into electrical energy. To harness the wind produced on land, enormous wind farms are built capable of extracting maximum power from this clean, renewable resource. Let us explain how it works.