Call for applications 2023 for Iberdrola Spain Master's Scholarships
Bases of the 2023 call for Master Scholarships for Iberdrola Spain
In the International Master's Scholarship Programme we are looking to develop a new generation of people with enthusiasm for learning, desire to innovate, and aspiration to transform the energy industry.
Bases of the 2023 call for Master Scholarships for Iberdrola Spain
1 . Presentation
Iberdrola España seeks to strengthen its contribution to improving the quality of life of the citizens of the territories and countries in which it operates. To this end, it seeks to offer effective responses to society's fundamental needs, using its business capabilities and strengths.
Iberdrola España also assumes that without the support of a qualified, diversified, and motivated human team, it would not be possible to achieve its strategic goals, and that it is critical for the success of the Iberdrola group's businesses to recruit, select, and retain the best talent in accordance with applicable law and best professional practices. Thus, the Iberdrola Group's Recruitment and Selection Policy promotes as basic principles, among others, favouring access by young people to their first job through scholarship programmes and other agreements and presenting candidates with a competitive value offer that favours
the selection and hiring of the best professionals.
To this end, Iberdrola Spain presents its Call for Scholarships for Master's Degree Studies in Spain, to contribute to excellence in the training of young people, providing them with a high degree of qualification that will facilitate their access to their first job.
2. Call for applications
Iberdrola Spain announces scholarships for the 2023 -2024 academic year for postgraduate studies at different universities in the following areas of knowledge:
- Mathematics, Big Data
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Business Administration
- Digital Marketing
The call opens on the day of its publication and closes at 15:00 hours (Spanish time) on 31 March 2023.
The scholarships are aimed at studies included in the campuses of excellence, at regional or international level, with special emphasis on the following universities:
- Comillas Pontifical University
- Carlos III University of Madrid
- Polytechnic University of Madrid
- University of the Basque Country
- Polytechnic University of Valencia
- University of Salamanca
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Stratchclyde
- Imperial College London
- University of Rochester
- University of Connecticut
3. Candidate requirements
- Iberdrola Spain scholarships are aimed at students with Spanish nationality or resident in Spain.
- Applicants must be in possession of a recognised university degree or bachelor's degree at the time of application. In the event that the applicant is in the final year of his/her degree course in the academic year 2022-2023, the award of the scholarship will be conditional on obtaining the university degree in the June/July 2023 call for applications.
- Applications with diploma, engineering or technical architecture studies will not be accepted.
- Language proficiency: it will be a requirement for all applications that candidates provide evidence of an excellent knowledge of English by submitting a certificate of recognised standing.
Valid English language certificates will be as follows:
− University of Cambridge: First Certificate or higher
− IELTS (minimum score: 5.0).
− TOEFL (minimum score: 61 internet-based, 173 computer-based or 500 paper-based).
− Certificate of aptitude of the higher cycle (old plan) or certificate of advanced level B2 (new plan), taken and passed, from the official language schools.
− Diplomas or certificates, issued by university language schools, attesting to having studied and passed level B2 (or higher) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
For universities in the United States, the minimum level required is C1.
- Not to receive financial or salary remuneration or to be the beneficiary of any scholarship, financial aid or any other allocation of a similar nature from public or private institutions and foundations, during the period of enjoyment of the scholarship.
- Not to provide services or maintain any employment relationship, in internships, training or of any other nature, with other entities, public or private, during the period of enjoyment of the scholarship. Likewise, the scholarship holder shall notify Iberdrola España of his/her participation in selection processes for incorporation into other public or private entities, for the purpose of assessing its compatibility with the grant.
- Candidates who have been recipients of the Iberdrola Spain Foundation Scholarships and Iberdrola Spain Master's Scholarships in previous calls will be excluded from assessment.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must submit the completed electronic application form before 3:00 p.m. (Spanish time) on 31 March 2023, attaching the documents specified below, which should be numbered with the document number followed by the applicant's surname(s).
- Document 1. Photocopy of national identity card or passport.
- Document 2. Curriculum vitae, with recent photograph, of the applicant.
- Document 3. Advanced degree certificate or receipt of application for the same, as well as the certificates of all the studies listed on the form. Only candidates who have not yet completed their studies may attach in this section the academic certificate instead of the diploma.
- Document 4. Complete academic transcript of the degree or bachelor's degree studies showing the average mark of the studies taken, all subjects and grades, year by year, as well as the credits passed. In the case of having studied a first and second cycle of a different degree, both certificates must be presented. Students enrolled in the last year of their degree must provide academic certification of the courses and subjects completed.
- Document 5 . Two original letters of reference from university professors. In cases where the applicant has been in employment for several years, one of the letters of reference may be from the applicant's direct line manager.
- Document 6 . Certificate of proficiency in all the languages specified on the form.
- Document 7. Certificate accrediting the awards and scholarships specified on the form. Only awards and scholarships obtained since the start of university studies will be considered.
In the event of passing the pre-selection process, Iberdrola España may require the presentation of the original or certified documents and any other document it deems necessary.
The maximum size allowed per document is 5 MB.
5. Selection process
The selection process will include a first pre-selection of candidates, which will take into account the candidate's profile, academic qualifications, level of English, CV, interest in the study project and letters of reference.
If the candidate passes the pre-selection, the Iberdrola España selection committee may, at its discretion, arrange with the candidate to carry out the different phases of the selection process that it determines, in person. The purpose will be to assess their personal skills, comprehensive training and motivation.
If attendance at the process involves travel and/or accommodation costs of more than €15, candidates may apply for compensation of up to €100 for travel within the Iberian Peninsula, subject to justification of expenses. This amount may be increased up to €150 in the case of travel from outside the Iberian Peninsula.
This call for applications may be declared void, for all or some of the scholarships offered, when the selection committee or the person responsible for the Scholarship programme so proposes to Iberdrola España.
6. Nomination of candidates
The selection committee will propose the list of selected candidates. Iberdrola España will make the final decision on the candidates finally admitted. These candidates will be notified on 9 June 2023, in a personalised manner via email.
The list of candidates approved by Iberdrola España is final and unappealable. Iberdrola España will not provide information on rejected applications.
The final appointment of candidates is subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:
- Send a signed Letter of Acceptance dated no later than five working days from the date of communication to the beneficiaries to the following address:
Call for applications for Iberdrola Spain Scholarships for Master's Degrees in Spain Iberdrola Spain.
C/ Menorca 19, 46023. Valencia
Independently of sending it to the postal address indicated above, a scanned copy of the signed Letter of Acceptance must be sent in advance to the Iberdrola España e-mail address: programa.becas.Iberdrola@iberdrola.es.
- The text of the Letter of Acceptance will be provided to the beneficiaries by e-mail on the same date as it is communicated to the final applicants.
- Submission to IBERDROLA Spain before the estimated date of 10 July 2023 of certification of their enrolment or definitive admission to pursue the corresponding studies at the chosen university. This date will be flexible depending on the deadlines for notification of admissions at each university. In case of non-admission, the candidate will lose the right to the scholarship.
- Presentation by students in their final year of studies of the complete academic certification of the degree studies completed, showing the average mark of the studies taken and all the subjects and grades, course by course, as well as the credits passed. Failure to complete the studies will result in the cancellation of the scholarship.
7. Financial allocation and taxes
The scholarship will cover the following items:
- Enrolment at a university or higher education institution in Spain, the United Kingdom or the United States.
- Master's degree in Spain: €10,800 per year to cover transport and accommodation expenses. This amount will be paid in monthly9 instalments of €1.200.
- Master's degree in the United Kingdom: €18,960 per year to cover transport and accommodation costs. This amount will be paid in monthly12 instalments of €1,580.
- Master's degree in the United States: €24,000 per year to cover transport and accommodation expenses. This amount will be paid in monthly12 instalments of €2,000.
- Health and accident insurance.
- Travel allowance of €1,500 for a return transoceanic flight to carry out the studies covered by the scholarship.
The duration of the support shall be a maximum of one calendar year from the start of the study programme.
The scholarship holder undertakes to comply with all tax obligations that correspond to him/her as a beneficiary of the scholarship.
8. Management of the scholarship
The scholarship holder undertakes to comply with the following obligations:
- At Iberdrola España's request, the candidate must accredit, with original or certified documents, the information that he/she has submitted during the selection process by means of photocopies or electronic files. Iberdrola España may also request certification of any information mentioned in his/her CV.
- Complete the planned studies, in accordance with the application submitted. Candidates who are awarded a scholarship are obliged to start the study programme in the September/October term of the academic year 2023-2024 and to complete it within the timeframe estimated in the syllabus (usually June/July2024).
- If the scholarship is awarded for programmes that include an internship module, the scholarship holder undertakes to carry out the internship at the Iberdrola group company designated by Iberdrola España. In the event that the studies for which the scholarship is awarded include compulsory paid internships to be carried out at a different entity outside the Iberdrola group, the scholarship holder is obliged to notify Iberdrola España as far in advance as possible. The amount received for the aforementioned internships may be deducted from the financial endowment of the scholarship.
- For the duration of the master's degree and the unpaid internships associated with it lasting between three and six months, the scholarship holder undertakes to accept the offer of employment that, where appropriate, the company may make to join the Iberdrola group company designated by IBERDROLA ESPAÑA.
- In the event of not accepting this offer of employment from the Iberdrola group company, or in the event of leaving the company during the first year of employment due to voluntary redundancy, disciplinary dismissal not declared unfair, or taking any kind of leave of absence, the scholarship holder/worker is obliged to reimburse Iberdrola España 60% of the cost of enrolment for the aforementioned master's degree, or 40% if the redundancy occurs within the second year of employment for any of the aforementioned reasons.
- All of this, taking into account that the call for these scholarships is linked to the Iberdrola group's Recruitment and Selection Policy, which promotes as basic principles, among others, favouring the access of young people to their first job through scholarship programmes and other agreements, presenting scholarship recipients with a competitive value offer that favours the selection and hiring of the best professionals.
- The scholarship holder also agrees to send Iberdrola España any information required in relation to the monitoring and development of the master's degree and to send the evaluations and results of the studies carried out within the deadlines granted. The scholarship holder must inform Iberdrola España of his/her home address in the place of destination immediately upon arrival. They must also inform Iberdrola España of any change of address or e-mail address while on the scholarship.
- If the studies of the master's degree with a scholarship from Iberdrola España result in any publication, the scholarship holder must notify Iberdrola España and state that he/she is a scholarship holder of Iberdrola España.
- The scholarship holder agrees to disseminate his/her status as an Iberdrola España scholarship holder during the period of enjoyment of the scholarship.
- In the event that the scholarship holder does not comply with the aforementioned commitments -or any other included in the conditions of the scholarship- Iberdrola España reserves the right to proceed as it deems appropriate, and even to request the return of the amounts received. Specifically, in the event that the scholarship holder does not complete the scholarship programme within the estimated period (September/October2024), he/she must return to Iberdrola España all the monthly payments and other economic concepts received to date, if this occurs after the seventh month.
In any case, Iberdrola España reserves the right to analyse the corresponding application, and may modify the amount to be returned by the scholarship holder.
9. Other conditions
- It will be offered to the scholarship holder who subscribes to Iberdrola Spain's selection and recruitment programme through the Iberdrola Employment Channel
- Iberdrola España will appoint a mentor who will monitor the performance of the scholarship holder and assist him/her in academic, training and professional development aspects.
The scholarship holder undertakes to observe strict reserve and confidentiality regarding all information received from Iberdrola España as a result of this grant. This obligation of confidentiality shall continue for the duration of the grant.
10. Protection of personal data
The personal data of the scholarship holder or applicant will be processed by Iberdrola España and Iberdrola, S.A. as the company in charge of the global internal administrative management of scholarships of the Iberdrola group and for the purpose of studying the application, managing the scholarship in the event of being a beneficiary and internal reporting activities. The applicant or scholarship holder may exercise their rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. More information at the following link: www.iberdrola.com/documents/20125/2927535/aviso-privacidad-solicitud-becas-EN.pdf