Frequently asked questions
Everything you need to know to take part
1. What do we look for in our scholars?
We are looking for those in the last year of the undergraduate degree or recent graduates, with enthusiasm to learn, innovatate, and transform the energy industry.
2. How do I know if I am eligible for the scholarship program?
Eligibility criteria is included within the Call Document under Section 3: Applicant Requirements and Section 4: Documentation. Call documents can be found on our website: https://www.iberdrola.com/careers/students/international-scholarships-master-iberdrola
3. Which Scholarship Program should I apply to?
You can apply to the Scholarship Program(s) based on the requirements met as noted under the eligibility criteria under Section 3: Applicant Requirements and Section 4: Documentation. Call documents can be found on our website: https://www.iberdrola.com/careers/students/international-scholarships-master-iberdrola
4. What is the last day to submit my application?
Applicantions can be submitted until March 31, 2024.
5. Who can I contact to ask a question that is not included in the FAQs?
Based on the call for scholarships you are applying to, you can send your question to the following mailboxes:
- Iberdrola España: programa.becas.Iberdrola@iberdrola.es
- Scottish Power: email@example.com
- Iberdrola México: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Can I apply to the current edition if I already applied to a previous edition?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for the current call for scholarships even if you applied for a previous call.
7. The university I want to attend is not listed in the call document. Can I still apply to the scholarship program?
Yes, you are eligible to apply. When asked to select the University within the application, choose the option "Others" and indicate the University where you will be studying your Masters. In the case you apply to the UK Scholarship Program, you will have access to include applications to multiple university programmes in the one application.
8. If I have not yet completed my undergraduate degree, can I still apply to the scholarship program?
Yes, you are eligible to apply if you are in your final semester of your undergraduate program and able to begin your Masters studies at the beginning of the upcoming academic year (August or September 2024).
9. Can I apply for the scholarship program before I am accepted into the university?
Yes, you are eligible to apply. Once you receive the acceptance letter from the University, you must send it to the appropriate mailbox for the call for scholarships in which you have applied to for program administrators to update your application.
10. Can I apply to the scholarship program before I apply to the master´s program of my university of choice?
Yes, you are eligible to apply although it is recommended that you apply for the Masters Program of your chosen University in advance or at the same time of application to the call for scholarships. If this is not an option, due to the application period of your chosen University, be sure to note this within your application under Section "Programme Details". Once you receive the acceptance letter from the University, you must send it to the appropriate mailbox for the call for scholarships in which you have applied to for program administrators to update your application.
11. What is the selection process?
The steps to the selection process are described in the Call Document under Section 5: Selection Process. Call documets can be found on our website: https://www.iberdrola.com/careers/students/international-scholarships-master-iberdrola
12. When and how will I know if I have been selected?
Prior to or on June 7, 2024, all selected students will receive an official acceptance letter via email, notifying of their acceptance into the Scholarship Program. More information can be found in the Call Document under Section 6: Nomination of Final Recipients. Call documents can be found on our website: https://www.iberdrola.com/careers/students/international-scholarships-master-iberdrola
13. How can I reset my password?
You can reset your password by selecting "Forgot your password?” in the application portal. You will receive an email with a temporary password. Once the temporary password is entered into the system, you will be prompted to change it. In the case you apply to the UK Scholarship Program, there is a forgotten password button is on the main log in screen. It will email out instructions on how to reset your password.
14. Can I apply more than once? (For more than one masters program or university)
Yes, you are eligible to apply more than once as only one application can be submitted per Masters Program/University for which you wish to be considered.
15. Do I have to complete my entire application at once?
No, it is not necessary to complete the entire application at once. You may save your progress and continue later if necessary. In the case you apply to the UK Scholarship Program, the form is broken down into 2 section - registration and application. It can be completed separately and submitted in 2 parts.
16. My information did not save, now what?
The system may refresh without automatically saving your progress so it is recommended to click "Save" often. If your information did not save, you must re-enter.
17. What document formats are acceptable in the application?
The application allows you to upload documents in the following formats: PDF, Word (doc, docx) and images (jpg, gif) up to a maximum of 5 MB. In the case you apply to the UK Scholarship Program, there is no requirement to upload documents to your application. These will however be required at the end of the process for successful candidates.
18. Do I need to submit all of the requested documentation?
Yes, it is necessary to upload all the documents requested by the system, otherwise you will not be able to complete your application. In the case you apply to the UK Scholarship Program, there is no requirement to upload documents to your application. These will however be required at the end of the process for successful candidates.
19. I speak a second language, but the application is not requesting that I provide documentation. How come?
If the application does not request documentation of your language proficiency, it is because you have indicated in the language section that you do not have a certification.
20. How will I know if I have correctly completed my application?
Once you have successfully completed and submitted your application, you will receive an email confirmation.
21. Can I update the information in my application after I have completed it?
Yes, you can make changes until the deadline on March 31, 2024. You will need to enter the application with your e-mail and password and click "Log in". If you have applied to the UK Scholarship Program, once you have submitted your application you will be unable to make changes, but you can contact email@example.com and we'll make it on your behalf.
22. Do the documents requested in the application need to be translated to the language of the country to where I am applying?
No, there is no need to translate your documentation to the language of the country you are applying to. The documents should remain in their original language.
23. Can I apply for one of the scholarships if I am already living in another country?
Yes, you are eligible to apply regardless of your country of residence as long as you meet the criteria under Section 3: Applicant Requirements. Call documents can be found on our website: https://www.iberdrola.com/careers/students/international-scholarships-master-iberdrola
24. Why do I get redirected to a different platform when I apply for the scholarship depending on the country where I apply?
The platform you must use to upload your details and the required documentation is different if you are applying in the UK or if you are applying in Spain or Mexico. Please note that if you apply in different countries, both systems will ask you to create a username and password.