Iberdrola group is committed to the efficient management of water resources as it is an essential element for the health and well-being of the planet. Making a rational and sustainable use of water to face the risks related to scarcity is more important than ever and the Iberdrola group strives to reduce the severity of this problem.
Since 2008, 8 June has been World Oceans Day, as designated by the United Nations General Assembly. The aim is to raise awareness of the importance of caring for an ecosystem that produces 50% of our planet's oxygen and absorbs 30% of the carbon dioxide produced on our planet.
From Iberdrola’s start-up programme, PERSEO, we are launching a challenge in search of new ideas that will allow us to increase the concentration of oxygen in the water flowing through the turbines of our hydroelectric dams, so that the biodiversity of the area is protected and all the requirements of the hydrographic basins are met.
- Facebook We are looking for innovative solutions to increase the oxygenation of the water we turbine in our dams
- Twitter We are looking for innovative solutions to increase the oxygenation of the water we turbine in our dams
- Linkedin We are looking for innovative solutions to increase the oxygenation of the water we turbine in our dams
Iberdrola, the world's largest producer of renewable energy, announced today that it has been awarded its first floating solar power plant in France, with a total capacity of 25 megawatts peak (MWp), in response to a call for tenders issued in...
Hydropower is widely known, but how many concepts associated with this renewable energy are we able to define? Therefore, we propose 10 relevant terms to understand hydropower and its key role in increasing sustainability and the energy transition.
The efficient management of water resources has become vital for the health of our planet. Iberdrola Group makes every effort to use water rationally and sustainably and tackle the risks related with its scarcity.
- Facebook We optimise water management and ensure it is used in accordance with the best practises
- Twitter We optimise water management and ensure it is used in accordance with the best practises
- Linkedin We optimise water management and ensure it is used in accordance with the best practises
The dam is an essential element in a hydroelectric power plant because of its important function. It is the civil works infrastructure that makes it possible to impound the water that will subsequently drive the turbines of the power plant, generating clean electricity. There are different types of dams, either according to their materials or their mechanisms.