NewsBack

16/10/2019

It collaborates with 47 social entities and allocates 1.5 million euros

Iberdrola will support 33 social projects with more than 85,000 beneficiaries in its 2020 Social Programme

  • The projects are aimed at groups at risk of exclusion, with special attention to children, people with disabilities and patients with serious illnesses.
  • The programme will create around 280 new jobs and promote the participation of 700 volunteers
  • Through its Social Programme, the company has already allocated over 9 million euros to more than 350 social initiatives in Spain, benefiting a total of 335,000 people

Iberdrola, through its Foundation in Spain, has finalised its 2020 Social Programme, with which it annually supports social projects that promote the integral development of the most vulnerable groups, in the territories where it operates, with special attention to children, young people and women, as well as groups of people with disabilities and patients with serious illnesses.

In 2020, the company will allocate 1.5 million euros to projects that it will carry out in collaboration with 47 social entities and that will directly benefit more than 85,000 people. Most of the resources, 80%, are allocated to finalist projects selected in the call, while the remaining 20% are for partnerships with entities.

The 33 social projects, some of national scope and others regional, are located in 12 autonomous communities (Andalusia, Asturias, Castilla-La Mancha, Castilla y León, Community of Madrid, Community of Valencia, Basque Country, Extremadura, Galicia, La Rioja, Navarra and the Region of Murcia), and have obtained financing of up to a maximum of 40,000 euros, without exceeding 50% of the total project budget.

The promotion of these social initiatives also entails the creation of direct jobs, as well as encouraging the participation of volunteers. It is estimated that the 2020 Social Programme will create around 280 new jobs and 700 volunteers.

Of all the projects selected, 42% are aimed at avoiding situations of poverty and exclusion, prioritising the fight against child poverty; 33% address improving the quality of life of those with serious illnesses, while the remaining 24% address the inclusive education of people with disabilities.

Some of the non-for-profit entities chosen in this edition are the Spanish Association Against Cancer (AECC), Menudos Corazones Foundation, Proyecto Hombre, Down Syndrome Foundation, Tomillo Foundation, Ciudad Joven Association or Ayuda en Acción, among others. During the project selection process, all of these entities have demonstrated experience in social projects, have audited accounts and have their articles of association and documentation published on their websites.

The Iberdrola Social Programme contributes to the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals by 2030, to which the company is committed, especially the achievement of goals 1 (no poverty), 3 (good health and well-being), 4 (quality education), 5 (gender equality), 10 (reduced inequalities) and 17 (partnerships).


More than 350 social initiatives with 335,000 beneficiaries

Iberdrola, through its Social Programme, has already allocated over 9 million euros to social initiatives in Spain, benefiting a total of 335,000 people.

Since this programme was launched in 2010, the company has fostered over 350 projects that have contributed to the social inclusion of children, young people and women in vulnerable situations. These actions have also led to the creation of 1,000 jobs and involved 2,250 volunteers.

The Iberdrola Foundation also focuses its activities on training and research in the field of energy, through scholarship programmes; in biodiversity, with projects protecting the environment and in cultural development, by preserving and maintaining the country's cultural and artistic treasures.

Access to legal information