Excellent process and resource management
- Our Quality Guidelines include a commitment to ongoing improvement and are deployed through quality objectives and action plans
- We have been awarded important ISO 9001 certificates in key businesses and regions
Quality in Iberdrola is the outstanding management of all processes and resources as an indispensable tool in the creation of value for people: shareholders, customers, employees, and the other stakeholders of the Company.
Quality is one of the values of Iberdrola and both the mission and the vision and the strategic plan of the company are taken into account in the development and review of the Quality Policy, which is approved by the Board of Directors.
This Quality Policy [PDF] is based on the following principles:
- Know the expectations of customers of the Group, both internal and external, and those of other stakeholders, in order to deliver products and services to their full satisfaction.
- Promote activities to satisfy or even exceed the expectations of the customers of the Group, its employees, and other stakeholders.
- Enhance the culture of continuous improvement and excellence in management in order to increase competitiveness and the creation of value for shareholders, employees, and other stakeholders.
- Encourage the use of quality management systems within the various organisations of the Group.
- Foster the involvement of the Group's employees by means of teamwork, an appropriate flow of information, internal communication, training, and recognition of achievements.
GOALS AND RESULTS
The quality model of Iberdrola is part of the governance model of the Company, established through a global quality management system that coordinates and oversees quality management systems of Iberdrola organizations to take advantage of synergies with the aim of an alignment with the Quality Policy and Guidelines.
Quality Guidelines (Spanish version) [PDF] are strategic lines, documented and consistent with the Policy and Strategic Plan which include a commitment to continuous improvement and are displayed on quality objectives and action plans in Iberdrola organizations. For proper supervision in the guidelines compliance, Iberdrola has a global control panel which periodically monitors the evolution of the objectives and action plans in the different organizations.
Reflecting the leadership and strong commitment to quality of the Iberdrola Group, significant quality certifications have been achieved recently in key areas of the Company and important improvement projects have been promoted:
- The outstanding achievement of the new ISO 9001 quality certification for the services provided by the Corporate Safety Division at Cofrentes Nuclear Power Plant in line with the criticality of the installation and the services provided as critical infrastructure. Likewise, at the corporate level with the reinforcement that the Quality Certifications at the Corporate Divisions contribute to our Company's Governance System in the main countries where we operate and in the areas of Administration, Purchasing, Legal Services, Internal Audit, Systems, Safety, Equity and General Services, which reinforces our leadership in terms of quality amongst the companies in our sector.
- The in-depth analysis of stakeholders, context and associated risks in accordance with the requirements of the new version of standard ISO 9001 at an international level.
- Our Networks business, with the new certification of system development management processes for managing activities at supply points, remote metering process and service to retailers. The STAR project (Network Remote Management and Automation System) is also prominent in this Business, having deployed over 10 million smart meters in Spain and digitised 67,000 transformation stations.
- In the Renewables business, the quality system has expanded to include two new wind farms in Mexico (Oaxaca zone) and the UK (Blacklaw Wind Farm).
- In our Engineering business with the recertification of the quality system in the UK, Spain and Mexico.
- In our Liberalised business through certification in the new version of standard ISO 9001 for electricity and gas retailing processes in the liberalised market as well as other products and services of added value for customers.
AENOR, Association for Standardization and Certification is a certification body accredited in Spain by the ENAC, or National Certification Accreditation Body, with the number 01/C-SC003. AENOR is a member of the IQNet Network, the International Certification Network, whose members operate in accordance with the EN 45 012 European standard.
IQNet is a network of certification organizations, comprised of the main organizations in 25 countries, among which exist mutual recognition agreements for the validity of the certificates issued by each of them in the 25 countries.
Rheinland Ibérica, S.A. is a company that has belonged to the TÜV Rheinland Group since 1989, and it specialises in providing technical and quality inspection services. As regards occupational health and safety, it is an accredited audit agency for performing certification audits of occupational risk management systems in accordance with the OHSAS 18001 standard.
Certifications in the area of quality CERTIFICATIONS Iberdrola Usa Networks is awarded ISO 9001:2008 certification The Administration Division of ScottishPower is awarded the ISO 9001 quality certification Awards in the area of quality QUALITY Iberdrola received the CEG Excellence Award for its continued track record of excellence in management Iberdrola attained the CRC Award for Excellence in Customer Service conferred by the Spanish Association of Customer Relations Experts (AEERC) Elektro has received the Ibero-American Quality Award for the second consecutive time Elektro has been awarded with the Ibero-American Award for quality 2016, with Gold category, given by Fundación Iberoamericana for quality management (Fundibeq) Iberdrola recibe el reconocimiento de AENOR para dos parques eólicos (Spanish version) Iberdrola, Príncipe Felipe Award of business competiveness in Large Corporation Category Avangrid utilities in Maine and New York have been named Utility Customer Champions by Market Strategies International in the 2016 Utility Trusted Brand & Customer Engagement study of residential customers by Cogent Reports
Iberdrola obtains first AENOR Corporate Environmental Footprint certificate according to international technical specifications ISO/TS 14072