WHAT IS THE "IBERDROLA RETRIBUCIÓN FLEXIBLE" SYSTEM?
The new optional dividend system "Iberdrola Retribución Flexible" offers the shareholders the opportunity to decide whether they prefer to receive all or a portion of their remuneration in free newly issued shares of the company or in cash.
This new system is carried out through a capital increase charged to reserves and the payment of a cash dividend. Thus, all shareholders will receive a free allocation right per share held as of the record date. The shareholders who wish to receive the cash dividend will have to expressly waiving to these rights.
As a consequence, the shareholders will be able to choose between the following remuneration options on January 2019:
a) Receive free newly issued shares;
b) Receive cash by selling all of a portion of the free allocation rights in the market;
c) Receive cash by means of the payment of the Interim Dividend for 2018.
The shareholders will be able to combine any of the optiones mentioned above with respect to the different groups of shares owned by each shareholder.
The value of the remuneration that the shareholders will receive from the Company under the options referred to in options (a) and (c) above will be equivalent (in terms of market value and notwithstanding the different tax treatment applicable to each of them). Iberdrola estimates that the amount of the Interim Dividend per share will be at least 0.150 gross euros.
As a new feature in this edition of "Iberdrola Retribución Flexible" will be only one election period(1) for the three options, the Common Election Period.
(1) We recommend that you check these deadlines with your bank as they may present peculiarities.
See more information
PRACTICAL EXAMPLE OF THE "IBERDROLA RETRIBUCIÓN FLEXIBLE" SYSTEM
- Free capital increase charged to reserves
- 1 share on the record date 1 free allocation right
- Shareholder with 1,000 shares on the record date > will receive 1,000 rights
- Number of rights needed to get a new share: 40 rights(1)
- Amount of the Interim Dividend: 0.151 euros(2)
The shareholder has three options:
- Receive Newly Issued Iberdrola Shares > WITHOUT WITHHOLDING TAX > The shareholder receives 25 newly issued Iberdrola shares(3)
- Sell the free allocation rights in the market > SUBJECT WITHHOLDING TAX > The shareholder receives 122.31 net euros(4)
- Receive the Interim Dividend > SUBJECT WITHHOLDING TAX > The shareholder receives 122.31 net euros(5)
In addition, shareholders do not need to choose one of the options, as they can combine them according to their requirements.
(1) Number of rights used as an example. The final amount will be announced on 4 January 2019 by means of a significant event.
(2) Amount of the Interim Dividend used as an example. The final amount will be announced on 4 January 2019 by means of a significant event.
(3) The new shares will be delivered to shareholders free of charge and without fees. In accordance with the applicable law, the custodian of your shares will be entitled to charge the management fees and expenses it deems appropriate, including fees for handling sale and purchase orders of freely assignable rights.
(4) On the assumption of the sale of the rights in the market at 0.151 gross euros. The total amount of the sale will be subject to IRPF withholding tax.
(5) On the assumption of the Interim Dividend fixed at 0.151 gross euros. The total amount will be subject to 19% withholding tax.