Creating value for society
The activity of the Iberdrola group is a clear engine for wealth and economic and social development: it creates stable, quality employment and generates annually more than 31,100 million euros in the GDP of the countries in which it is present for every euro of profit it earns. Add to this positive economic impact of the tax contribution of the Group, which exceeded €14 billion(*) in 2019.
See more information
Leveraging on our leadership on sustainability and ESG...
...with full commitment on ethics, transparency and corporate governance, reinforced by the inclusion of Sustainable Development Goals in our bylaws
- Total shareholder return +37%
- 74% quorum in the Annual General Meeting with all proposed resolutions approved by 98% on average
- Best utility in the world in Investor Relations award by IR Magazine
- Premio al mejor sitio web de una utility para accionistas e inversores por el Institutional Investor Research Group
- Second company in the IBEX35 with more women on the Board of Directors and third in percentage of independent directors
- Corporate Governance Awards by World Finance
- Corporate Governance Awards by Ethical Boardroom
- World's Most Ethical Company Award by Ethisphere
- 3,481 new hires in 2019 (aprox. 5.000 in 2020)
- Aprox. 55 hours of training per employee
- Supporting aprox. 900 students taking postgraduate education
- Early Career Program
- Strong track record of health and safety excellence
- Work-life balance Initiatives
- 99% of workforce with permanent contracts
- Over 80% of workforce with variable remuneration linked to financial and ESG objectives
- Included in Bloomberg Gender Equality Index
- 110 gr CO2/kWh emissions, two-third less of our competitors in Europe
- 10% improvement in service quality
- EUR 20 bn in purchases1 from > 22,000 suppliers
- Annual tax contribution of over EUR 14 bn
- Aprox. EUR 280 M in RD&I: in the top 3 utilities worldwide
- International Volunteer Program (7,500 participants)
- Included in Bloomberg's "The Green 30 for 2020"
- S&P Global Platts Energy Transition Award
- Leadership and influence on Global Climate Policy recognition by InfluenceMap
- AENOR Healthy Company Certificate
We explain how our activities lead to the positive development of all communities in which we operate thanks to the company's so-called 'social dividend'.