Creating value for society
The activity of the Iberdrola group is a clear engine for wealth and economic and social development: it creates stable, quality employment and generates annually more than 31,100 million euros in the GDP of the countries in which it is present, to which a total of 14 billion euros of tax(*) paid in 2019 must be added. The group has also implemented a comprehensive plan to fight the COVID-19.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, Iberdrola group set up a global action plan to deal with the pandemic since the moment the threat was detected. Its strategy has focused on employees, suppliers and society at large, governed by health and safety principles for supply. The group's action protocols for Covid-19 were the first to be certified by AENOR worldwide.
See more information
FULLFING OUR COMMITMENTS
Maintaining operations to the benefit of all stakeholders
- AENOR quality certification received for excellence in anti COVID measures
- Infection rate much lower than the average of our countries
- Responsible re-entry plans in line with local regulations: all employees back in the office in Continental Europe and plans progressing in other geographies
- Maintaining security of supply
- Measures for special and vulnerable groups
- Increasing CAPEX to EUR 3,582 M in just 6 months
- Advancing purchases: EUR 7,000 M in H1
Iberdrola group's sustainable business model creates value for its shareholders, more than 35,000 employees and society at large.
Leaders in ESG investment, after 20 years
implementing our model
Social dividend included in bylaws and committed
with ethics and transparency
Iberdrola ESG focus reinforced by green
SDGs included in Long-Term Incentive Plan
AAA for MSCI
"Dark green" for BlackRock
"Silver class" for RobecoSAM
Included in all editions of DJSI
Leadership in green / sustainable financing:
more than EUR 22 bn
We explain how our activities lead to the positive development of all communities in which we operate thanks to the company's so-called 'social dividend'.
(*) Nota Including Iberdrola's own taxes and collected taxes.