Creating value for society
The activity of the Iberdrola group is a clear engine for wealth and economic and social development: it creates stable, quality employment and generates annually more than 31,100 million euros in the GDP of the countries in which it is present, to which a total of 14 billion euros of tax(*) paid in 2019 must be added. The group has also implemented a comprehensive plan to fight the COVID-19.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, Iberdrola group set up a global action plan to deal with the pandemic since the moment the threat was detected. Its strategy has focused on employees, suppliers and society at large, governed by health and safety principles for supply.
See more information
COVID 19 management
A comprehensive set of measures to ensure safety of our people and security of supply:
- Accelerating CAPEX: +24% over previous year
- Projects under construction continue normal development
- Close collaboration with suppliers and contractors
- Accelerated purchases: EUR 3,800 M in last weeks
- Field staff: key resources compartmentalized and independent shifts for employees
- Office staff: 95% of employees working remotely
- Enhanced IT and security resources (8X daily meetings through online platforms)
- Easing of payment conditions
- Working closely with regulatory and government authorities
Iberdrola group's sustainable business model creates value for its shareholders, more than 35,000 employees and society at large.
We explain how our activities lead to the positive development of all communities in which we operate thanks to the company's so-called 'social dividend'.