Community building is an essential part of our work
We participate in the community through different channels in Qatar as well as in different industry events, presenting our work to create a mutual gain in our core areas.
Carousel of images and videos
We present our research at technical conferences and seminars around the world in order to contribute to the expansion of knowledge and the building of a global innovation community. We channel all our efforts towards always being in the forefront of innovation and ensuring that our projects enable us to meet the power needs of the future and advance towards a smarter, cleaner and more efficient electrical system.
AGREEMENTS WITH INSTITUTIONS
Within the framework of the Qatar Information Technology and Communication Conference & Exhibition 2019 (QITCOM), the centre signed a collaboration agreement with the Ministry of Transport and Communications.
Santiago Bañales, Managing Director of Iberdrola Innovation Middle East, and Reem Al Mansoori, from the Qatari Ministry of Transport and Communications, during the signing of the agreement.
The agreement signed between Iberdrola Innovation Middle East and the Hamad Bin Khalifa University has as its aim the development of joint research and innovation initiatives on the subject of digital communication for energy efficiency.
Mounir Hamdi, dean of the School of Engineering of Hamad Bin Khalifa University, and Ignacio Galán, chairman of the Iberdrola group, during the signing of the collaboration agreement.
The centre signed a collaboration agreement with Qatar Foundation and Kahramaa to promote energy efficiency. The agreement was signed within the framework of the Qatar Foundation Annual Research Conference 2018.
Sheik Essa bin Hilal Al-Kuwarir, president of Kahramaa; Sheikha Hind bint Hamad Al Thani, CEO of the Qatar Foundation; and Santiago Bañales, Managing Director of Iberdrola Innovation Middle East.
Iberdrola Innovation Middle East is a partner in the Greener School project, which aims to increase the energy efficiency of schools in Qatar. Introducing systems to reduce the carbon footprint and promoting awareness among the pupils. The program was acknowledged as a successful initiative during several editions of the National Program for Conservation & Energy Efficiency.
Award of Tarsheed prize to Iberdrola for 'Best Renewable Energy Initiative' by Prime Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Energy Minister Mohamed bin Saleh Al-Sada and Kahramaa President Essa bin Hilal Al-Kuwari.
Carousel of images and videos
See the main conferences and publications in which we have participated
- Current Trends and Challenges for Cybersecurity for IoT in Smart Grids. Qatar University Workshop on Cybersecurity in IoT Architectures, Doha (Qatar), April 2017.
- Potential of Energy Services in Qatar. Sustainability Summit Qatar, Doha (Qatar), October 2017.
- Research potential in Qatar. Research Collaboration Symposium, Doha (Qatar), November 2017.
- Research challenges in the digitalization of the electrical grid. 3rd ELDER R&D in Energy Workshop, Ankara (Turkey), December 2017.
- Profitability analysis of distributed systems. Seminar at Qatar University, Doha (Qatar), March 2018.
- Profitability Analysis for a Distributed Grid Connected Photovoltaic System in Qatar. QF ARC 2018, Doha (Qatar), March 2018.
- Solar Energy the Road to the Future. Texas A&M University at Qatar Research Showcase 2018, Doha (Qatar), April 2018.
- Keynote speech on Iberdrola STAR project. International Istanbul Smart Grids and Cities Congress and Fair, Istanbul (Turkey), April 2018.
- Panel Presentation on Renewable Energy Systems and Energy Efficiency. International Istanbul Smart Grids and Cities Congress and Fair, Istanbul (Turkey), April 2018.
- Smart Metering in the Middle East. PRIME Alliance Utility to Utility User Group Conference, Prague (Czech Republic), September 2018.
- Generic Distributed Photovoltaic Cost Outlook Methodology: Australian Market Application Example. 7th International Conference on Renewable Energy Research and Applications (ICRERA), Paris (France), October 2018.
- Panel on Digitalization of the Energy Industry. Gulf Information Technology Exhibition (GITEX) 2018, Dubai (United Arab Emirates), October 2018.
- The Greener School program. Sustainability Summit Qatar, Doha (Qatar), October 2018.
- Invited lecture on Distributed Solar Photovoltaics. Texas A&M Qatar, Doha (Qatar), April 2019.
- Sensors, electric grid failures. Research Day Hamad Bin Khalifa University, Doha (Qatar), April 2019.
- Smart Metering and Smart Grid deployment. PRIME U2U User group conference, Munich (Germany), September 2019.
- Energy management for sustainability. Eco-School Congress, Doha (Qatar), September 2019.
- Potential of Smart Grids for Lebanon. International Beirut Energy Forum, Beirut (Lebanon), September 2019.
- Panel Does Cybersecurity Become a Bigger Concern During Times of Conflict? Qatar International Cybersecurity Contest, Doha (Qatar), October 2019.
- Water, energy and digitization infrastructures in the Persian Gulf. ICEX Integra, Dubai (UEA), October 2019.
- Passive Wireless Sensing System for Grid Thermal Monitoring. Qatar Information Technology and Communication Conference, October 2019.
- Smart grids and Renewable Energy. 2nd International Conference on Smart Grid and Renewable Energy, Doha (Qatar), November 2019.
- Standardization of Data Exchange Protocols in Intellectual Accounting Systems. International Forum Power Grid, Moscow (Russia), December 2019.
- Developing Sustainable Cities. ICSEWEN 19, Doha (Qatar), December 2019.
- Generic Distributed Photovoltaic Cost Outlook Methodology: Australian Market Application Example Published by IEEE, 2018 7th International Conference on Renewable Energy Research and Applications (ICRERA).
- Integrated Economic Adoption Model for residential grid-connected photovoltaic systems: An Australian case study. Published by ELSEVIER, Energy Reports, Volume 5.
- HVDC transmission: Technology review, market trends and future outlook. Published by ELSEVIER, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 112.
- On Optimal Battery Sizing for Households Participating in Demand-Side Management Schemes. Published by MDPI, Energies 2019, Volume 12, Issue 18.
- A Novel Methodology to Determine the Maximum PV Penetration in Distribution Networks. Published by IEEE Explore.
- Novel Home Energy Optimization Technique based on Multi-Zone and Multi-Objective Approach. Published by IEEE Explore.
- Optimal Configuration for Building Integrated Photovoltaics System to Mitigate the Partial Shading on Complex Geometric Roofs. Published by IEEE Explore.
- Matlab/Simulink Modeling and Simulation of Electric Appliances Based on their Actual Current Waveforms. Published by IEEE Explore.
- An Assessment of Different Electricity Tariffs on Residential Photovoltaic System Profitability: Australian Case Study. Published by IEEE Explore.
- Real-Time Electricity Sub-metering and Monitoring System for Qatar Greener Schools Initiative. Published by IEEE Explore.
- Design of an Intelligent Energy Management System for Standalone PV/Battery DC Microgrids. Published by IEEE Explore.
- NB-PLC Successful Transmission Probability Analysis. Published by IEEE Explore.