SECURE ELECTRONIC INVOICES IN IBERDROLA
Check your electronic invoices securely
Electronic invoices is the billing system that most people choose now. The search for greater reliability, security and comfort, as well as the rise of new technologies, has made billing via electronic media ever more frequent.
Check your electronic invoices securely.
The majority of services that exist today can be managed online and from any location: telephony, electricity supply, multimedia services... All of them provide the option of electronic invoicing through which each user can see all their movements from any device and without needing to receive it in paper format, this provides, above all, speed, being able to consult it at any time, comfortably and without waiting, since the user can archive all his invoices in his devices and manage them as he wishes.
On the other hand, like all online services, there are also risks that if not known and managed properly, can endanger the information of each user. As it deals with such effective services, cybercriminals have been quick to employ it to scam people, using various techniques, and thus obtain a monetary return.
There are campaigns in which cybercriminals, through email, messaging service, SMS or telephone calls contact the user, supplant the identity of any official service and request confidential information such as access codes. Once they have these pins, the cybercriminals can access the accounts, steal all the information (personal data, banking information...) and use it for their own benefit, and may even supplant the identity of the user.
So that this does not happen to you and you can continue to check your bills online and safely, read on and pay attention to our recommendations.
See more information
Many services offer the option of consulting invoices online, which cybercriminals know and use all kinds of techniques (false calls, emails...) to get access to users' accounts and obtain an monetary return. Do not let them fool you and follow our advice:
- If you receive an invoice by mail, check the sender's address and be careful with the links and attachments.
- It is safer to consult it by accessing the portals or official applications directly.
- Take care of your access codes and do not share them with anyone.
- Remember that no organization will request your passwords or any other confidential information (verification code, bank details...) through instant messaging, email, SMS or phone call.
- Periodically review your data and movements and if you detect something suspicious, contact the corresponding service company.
SEE INFOGRAPHIC: Check your electronic invoices securely [PDF]
Digital transformation and innovation
MORE ABOUT CYBERSECURITY: