RENEWABLE ENERGY BUSINESS
First Quarter 2018
The Renewables business posted EBITDA of €603.5 million (+13.9%) during the First Quarter 2018.
At the close of the First Quarter 2018:
- Good performance of the business in the United Kingdom stood out, with EBITDA increasing to £127.7 million (+29%) thanks to the increase in production, which was driven both by the growth in average operating capacity (+14.7%) and the improved wind conditions (+15.3%).
- In Spain, EBITDA reached €242.1 million (+4.9%).
- In Latin America, Mexico's EBITDA reached $16.5 million and that of Brazil improved significantly, driven by the corporate reorganisation, to 140.2 million reais.
- In the United States, EBITDA reached $140.7 million (+4.3%).
- In the RoW, EBITDA also increased, by 99.3% to €53.3 million, thanks to the commissioning of the Wikinger offshore wind farm.
Further information on economic-financial and operating data of the Iberdrola Group can be found in the section In Figures, First Quarter 2018 Results Report [PDF] and First Quarter 2018 Results Presentation [PDF].