RENEWABLE ENERGY BUSINESS
Fiscal Year 2017
The Renewables business records an EBITDA of €1,592.1 million (+6.1%) during the year.
At the close of the Fiscal Year 2017:
- In Spain, the EBITDA climbed to €493.1 million.
- Business performance was particularly good in the United Kingdom, where the EBITDA grew to £316.1 million (+44.6%) thanks to increased production (+34.9%) through an increased average operating capacity (+21.1%, +311.0 MW) and higher load factor.
- In Latin America, Mexico grew (+1.0%) because of better pricing and Brazil improved significantly (+128%), driven by corporate reorganisation, elevating the EBITDA in this area to €109.4 million (+42.2%).
- The United States of America in turn had the largest renewable contribution to the group with 33% of the total.
- For the RoW, the EBITDA also increased by 4.2% to stand at €99.3 million thanks to greater production.
Further information on economic-financial and operating data of the Iberdrola Group can be found in the section In Figures, Fiscal Year 2017 Results Report [PDF] and Fiscal Year 2017 Results Presentation [PDF].