iNET30: TRANSFORMING THE NETWORKS BUSINESS
iNET30, the Global Program that will transform our Networks business to make us the best smart grid operator
From Networks business we have launched iNET30 (Iberdrola Networks Excellence Transformation), a program that will maximize the Iberdrola group's global dimension to build the network of the future and achieve our vision of being the best smart grid operator by 2030, maintaining our leadership in our areas of influence.
iNET30: transforming the Networks business.
A PROGRAM TO DRIVE THE ENERGY TRANSITION
In response to the challenge posed by decarbonization, energy grids have gained unprecedented importance as a key integrating element for transmitting electricity from power plants to end-users. The boom in renewable energies, distributed generation, self-consumption and storage, as well as the electrification of demand, require a transformation in the system toward more resilient, flexible and digital networks capable of satisfying customers' new needs.
More resilient networks
Electrification of the economy will increase energy fluxes and flows over the network. What's more, extreme meteorological phenomena will become increasingly common (cold fronts, snowstorms, freezing conditions, floods, etc.). We must strengthen our networks to guarantee electricity supplies in extreme and variable situations.
More flexible networks
The boom in distributed generation, with a growing number of renewable generators applying to connect to the distribution network, requires flexible solutions to be implemented that will enable the mass integration of renewable energies and drive the energy transition (integration of electric vehicles, heat pumps, etc.).
More digital networks
To be able to manage an increasingly complex network, digitalization, automation, artificial intelligence, big data and data analytics enable us to control and manage energy flows in real time, anticipating problems, minimizing operating costs, and improving the services we provide to our customers.
To lead this energy transition, our Networks business — responsible for planning, building, operating and maintaining the electricity grid to deliver energy to customers — has developed a strategic plan (LTO) with ambitious objectives and a program, iNET30, with which the company will totally transform the operating model of this business and contribute to our leadership in smart grids by 2030. By the end of the decade, we will have invested more than €60 bn (+50 bn pounds, +70 bn dollars) in this area, digitalized the entire grid and transformed processes to provide our customers with the best possible service at the most competitive cost.
PILLARS AND VISION OF THE FUTURE
For many years now, the group's four Networks businesses (Avangrid Networks External link, opens in new window., Neoenergia External link, opens in new window., SP Energy Networks External link, opens in new window. and i-DE External link, opens in new window.) have been working to automate their processes and digitalize the network to improve operational efficiency and service quality.
The iNET30 program will take the business to the next level, unifying and developing the way networks are planned, built, operated and maintained, the way services are provided to customers and how we care for the environment. All this while strengthening the best practices in each country, while operating as a single business to meet the big challenges of the future.
SEE INFOGRAPHIC: iNET30. Vision, pillars and objectives for 2030 [PDF] External link, opens in new window.
See more information
To be the best smart grids' operator by 2030, maintaining the leadership in our areas of influence.
OUR COMMITMENTS REST ON FOUR PILLARS:
Environmental, social and governance criteria
- Empowering employees, our most valuable asset.
- Ensuring the safety of our workforce, society and the environment.
- Leading the energy transition, facilitating the electrification of the economy through our networks.
Customers at the fore
- Ensure that their needs come first whatever we do.
- Exceed their expectations while maximizing the value provided to our Stakeholders.
- Use technology and data to provide the best service at the most efficient cost.
- Develop our networks increasing its flexibility, resilience and efficiency.
- Excellent customer satisfaction.
- More competitive cost.
- Reduce time without supply by 30 %.
- Reduce CO2 emissions by 21 %.
- Zero accidents.
- Increase employees satisfaction by 14 %.
- Minimise operating costs.
- Minimise energy losses.
- Increase the value of our assets by 80 %.
- Increase EBITDA by 42%.
The Networks business has defined a global operating model that we want to apply to our most important processes and a specific methodology that has analysed the level of maturity in each geographic region and identified future opportunities.
OUR MAIN PROJECTS
To make this transformation happen, we are designing joint projects, to implement them in specific countries or globally, which will make Iberdrola the best smart grids operator by 2030 in all the regions where it operates.
Strategic projects that respond to global needs
- Platforms: project to lead the definition and implementation of cutting-edge systems by the Networks business, with the objective of supporting the business transformation, facilitating and automating operations and maximising process efficiencies.
- Cybersecurity: initiative to position the Networks business at the forefront of cybersecurity, protecting our grid and our systems from cyberattacks.
- Standardisation: the objective is to maximize operational efficiencies, accelerating and multiplying the impact of business standardisation, taking advantage of our global dimension. It will focus on three areas: standardisation of equipment, generic design standards and efficient recruitment.
Strategic projects that respond to local needs
- Future planning and development model: the aim is to improve collaboration between Spain and the United Kingdom (i-DE and SP Energy Networks) to develop future models together.
- Network digitalization in the United States: project to transform the operating model of Avangrid Networks by means of digitalization, automation, remote grid supervision and operation, making use of digital technologies and maximising the value of data to make processes more efficient and improve the customer experience.
- Network digitalization in Brazil: project to transform Neoenergia into a top tier utility by making use of the latest digital network technologies, improving supply quality and improving all operating processes to provide excellent service to our customers.
- Planning investments in the United States: the purpose is to improve end-to-end investment management by means of enhanced structures, models and tools, prioritising the needs of the network and maximising performance.
- Investment cycle in Brazil: the aim is to transform the investment management process and support systems, optimising the entire investment cycle through all its phases: planning, preparation, programming, performance, closure and reporting.
- Loss management in Brazil: develop automatic tools that integrate all the available data to detect and reduce network energy losses and introduce a new model to increase operational efficiency and quality.